Comforter cleaning

Chefgno

Hi all.

Im looking for a service that wash/clean large comforters.

Its a down/duck feather comforter.

I live in Bangtao but willing to go the mile to get this thing cleaned.

Thanks for the help.

Geno

<email removed per forum rules>

What are its care instructions?

If it just needs conventional washing then your village "washing stuff shop" may be able to help if they have a big machine.

That's what Madam does with ours although I'm not sure what the filling is.

...personally, I prefer a duvet with it's own removable and washable cover.

We have a Hitachi 15KG top loader that has a special 'Blanket' setting that works well for stuffed bedding. Just wash and then let it sun dry (flip once).  In cool season if the bedding has feathers I sometimes have to leave it out on two consecutive days in direct sun to remove as much internal moisture as possible.

If it is a feather filled item avoid  washing it  in a conventional agitator  machine.

Best is  to  soak it  in  washing machine tub or  large bowl  or even a  bath in water that has a minimal content of something  suitable  for baby  fabric diapers or sheeps wool detergent . Hand manipulate it  to  clean the  fabric then drain it a long time rather than spin dry before air drying.Some machines  have a  very  slow  spin setting which is  ok.

The critical thing  is  not  to destroy the  natural oil content of the  feather content which is  what  keeps it  expanded and separated.

If it is  an expensive genuine  down item I would  hesitate to offer it  to any laundry  service. 

2 hours ago, RichCor said:

...personally, I prefer a duvet with it's own removable and washable cover.

We have a Hitachi 15KG top loader that has a special 'Blanket' setting that works well for stuffed bedding. Just wash and then let it sun dry (flip once).  In cool season if the bedding has feathers I sometimes have to leave it out on two consecutive days in direct sun to remove as much internal moisture as possible.

yes duvet is fine

Thank you to everyone for your help.

I had an old duck feather pillow done in Phuket Town and it did not come out well. It surely did stink and was not saved.

So now, I have my down comforter that’s been sitting for 5 years.

I’ll give it the gentle soak treatment with a 2 day dry in the sun.

Thanks again 

• 2 weeks later...

The place next to Big-C in Kamala is closed. Someone shopping at Big-C said it closed about 4 months ago.

He did mention there could be one in Laguna. Anybody hear about a dry cleaners open in Laguna?

Thank you, still searching 

Geno

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2020 at 4:33 PM, Chefgno said:

The place next to Big-C in Kamala is closed. Someone shopping at Big-C said it closed about 4 months ago.

He did mention there could be one in Laguna. Anybody hear about a dry cleaners open in Laguna?

Thank you, still searching 

Geno

Yes they still operate