Return to U.K. for operation on NHS

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The way things are in the UK at the moment I wouldn't bother, my brother has been waiting for a new knee for about 18 months or more now, COVID-19 has screwed everything up, plus depending on your age

Technically...  (Free) Treatment on the NHS is only available to people if they are Ordinary Resident in the UK (https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachm

current waiting lists are about 18 months   at least  due to Covid   my best mate in UK has been waiting 2 years now for his hip and is stuck in house due to pain and collapsed  hip ,  qualifying   fo

I’m booked in for operation phuket hospital may 2021,,,,,,,,,I considered going back to Uk for it,,,,,,,,,rang my mate who just had a hernia op in Uk asked how long from seeing doctor first time to having operation........answer .....1 year.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm getting universal credit trapped here after 20 years abroad and declared an habitual resident never lost any of the UK's NHS services either but as for surgery forget it most hospitals are canceling non urgent surgery as the waiting list grows out of control 18 months wait now looks optimistic in some authorities 🤔  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Changoverandout said:

I was expecting about 6 months but not 18.

I’ be moving to a different area to where I was last registered so would register with a new doctor 

You will need proof of address to register , an official bill with your name on it sent to your address 

• Thanks 1

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/nov/12/nhs-england-52-week-hospital-waiting-list-highest-since-2008

no ops at the moment due to covid ..5000 have died during this period because they could not get ops

Mass cancellations of NHS operations inevitable this winter, say doctors

Exclusive: NHS England criticised for ordering ‘near-normal’ non-Covid care during pandemic

Year-long waits for surgery at highest level since 2008, says NHS England

In September, 139,545 people had been waiting more than a year for an operation

2 hours ago, taninthai said:

I’m booked in for operation phuket hospital may 2021,,,,,,,,,I considered going back to Uk for it,,,,,,,,,rang my mate who just had a hernia op in Uk asked how long from seeing doctor first time to having operation........answer .....1 year.

In Thailand, a couple of years ago:

Time to operation after initial consultation: 48 hours.