Return to U.K. for operation on NHS

On 11/16/2020 at 11:56 AM, Neeranam said:

Is that a government hospital, seems expensive?

A friend recently got a hip replacement done in Khon Kaen for 70,000 baht.

Yes it is a government hospital and I only got quotes from Pattaya and Bangkok hospitals. The price I paid was the cheapest of them all. On reflection

maybe I should have looked further afield.

1 hour ago, Changoverandout said:

About 150,000 baht equivalent including operation, visas, flights for my wife and I, hotel, great food and alcohol! 

I’ll also see my son who lives in India.

I was quoted about 200,000 at Jirapawat army/government hospital Nakhon Sawan.

Don't forget the couple of weeks quarantine when you get back

On 11/14/2020 at 5:14 PM, taninthai said:

I’m booked in for operation phuket hospital may 2021,,,,,,,,,I considered going back to Uk for it,,,,,,,,,rang my mate who just had a hernia op in Uk asked how long from seeing doctor first time to having operation........answer .....1 year.

I don't understand that taninthai----have you read the health column on here? You understand that most hospitals now fast track? last month I had a hip replacement...(In a mid size hospital) Udon Thani--5 day wait was because I take blood thinners---otherwise 2 days, 3 falangs had knee opps that month , longest wait 4 days....Great service, great treatment, the whole thing with the 3 night stay, 160K Baht £3,900----are you Thai? what is the wait if your paying---I don't understand your posting.

31 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

,,rang my mate who just had a hernia op in Uk asked how long from seeing doctor first time to having operation........answer .....1 year.

"what is the wait if your paying---I don't understand your posting." 

He is referring to the start to finish time in the Uk when payment wasnt involved for his friends operation in UK.

22 minutes ago, sapson said:

He is referring to the start to finish time in the Uk when payment wasnt involved for his friends operation in UK.

Oh I understand sapson---Thanks

so this --quote--"I’m booked in for operation phuket hospital may 2021"

is his choice of  when to go into the Hospital.......

I thought they were holding him up .....wrong again..:shock1:

6 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

I don't understand that taninthai----have you read the health column on here? You understand that most hospitals now fast track? last month I had a hip replacement...(In a mid size hospital) Udon Thani--5 day wait was because I take blood thinners---otherwise 2 days, 3 falangs had knee opps that month , longest wait 4 days....Great service, great treatment, the whole thing with the 3 night stay, 160K Baht £3,900----are you Thai? what is the wait if your paying---I don't understand your posting.

No I’m not paying I pay tax so get it free,I cut a nerve in my arm already had one operation 9 months ago within 15 hours of going to to hospital to sew nerve back together.

slow recovery so they booked me in for another op in may 2021,,,,however since seeing the doctor 6 weeks ago and getting that date for op I have seen improvement and have movement in wrist again.

• Like 1