Electric Bikes/Scooters

dddave

Anybody have one?  They seem to be growing in popularity and prices going down with many Chinese offerings under B20,000.

I'm over 70 and arthritic knees make riding a standard bicycle difficult.  From what I've read online and see on YouTube, bicycles with electronic assist have decent range and speed and come in many shapes and sizes, from scooters to standard bicycle to fold-up's.   

I'm very tempted to try one out. Certainly not for main roadways or long distances but for back sois and park trails, maybe a nice way to get moderate exercise and get around a bit.

Lazada has a large selection online but I'd rather pay a bit more and buy from a local shop that will do proper set-up. 

Anybody know of shops in Bangkok selling electric bikes.  I found one listed in Nonthabury but that's about it,

Edited by dddave

I looked at getting one, but couldn't find any with a lead longer than 50 Metres.  What use is that , my nearest 7-11 is 150 Metres away.

Sorry couldn't help, and again apologies can't help.

There is one company with electric bikes I have seen in HomePro called Everrest EM3 E-mazing Bicycle sold @ Home Pro @Bike Club. Runs 35-50km on one charge from AC current with maximum speed of 35km/hr. Try 029458271-2 for more information.

• Like 1

If you already have a bike you might consider a conversion kit. I just checked and Lazada is selling a 1,000 watt 48 volt setup for less than 8,000 baht. That's fairly powerful for a bicycle. 750 watts is generally considered a horsepower and the average fit (young) male cyclist can generate a steady 250 watts. 

FYI I don't think that price includes a battery.