Fair or unfair?

Formaleins

I Think you must be my wife!

(It is not the fact  of them using resources, but they cook everything  and eat it themselves, there is nothing left for my son or anyone else, and they takeaway whatever is left! They live with my wifes mother for free,  sponge off her (she is 80+ and they like the smell of the 2 million Baht she got from a land sale....no, these people are leeches!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Formaleins said:

What would you do?

Been here for over 15 years, I have a 19 year old boy that needs a bit of support, he has a job and in general takes care of himself, needs a motorbike for work, I keep him fed as Thai wages are not fantastic, don't ask for board and lodging, after all he is my responsibility.

However, and here comes the reason for the post - My Thai wife for whatever reason (has a <deleted> son from previous sex) who is now 40 or older, he is married / living with a Thai lady of similar age, 40+

Recently, they seem to think it is a good idea to come to our home every night at 8 or 9 pm and have dinner.

The food is the usual Northern Thai slop, the slight amount of meat is bought by them, however, all of the gas, electric, spices, oils etc. is at my expense....What would be the best way to tell them to pay up or <deleted> Off? 

I am getting old, long in the tooth, limited income, I support my Son, Wife and myself, but there is no way I am feeding two other 40 year old spoiled brats that cannot feed themselves. best way forward, least confrontation, I don't really want to shoot them.....but you never know!

Importantly in your desire  to curtail  what you find  is a problem is to establish what  your Thai wife's thoughts are. With you  or against  or indifferent (maybe) ?

Ultimately the  gas, the spices, oil etc could often be depleted awaiting  replenishment  (tomorrow or  tomorrow or  tomorrow). The difficulty is that they bring a  component of a meal which to them may seem justification.  Good luck !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Importantly in your desire  to curtail  what you find  is a problem is to establish what  your Thai wife's thoughts are. With you  or against  or indifferent (maybe) ?

Ultimately the  gas, the spices, oil etc could often be depleted awaiting  replenishment  (tomorrow or  tomorrow or  tomorrow). The difficulty is that they bring a  component of a meal which to them may seem justification.  Good luck !

They would starve to death or cook on charcoal or dead babies rather than pay 500 Baht for a tank of gas!

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

It doesn’t sound like something you should get too worked up about. If they are decent people and you get on well with them then let it go. Unless of course it is a major drain on your resources, but I’m not sure it is? Your priority quite correctly is your own son. 

It is the give an inch take a mile! Would you do it? Seriously, would you turn up at your mothers house every night, with your wife and expect your mother to cook for a 40 year old couple at your expense?  whilst trying to support your own family? Feeding 5? Sorry but I am not some food Charity!

7 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

If it's such a problem to you, cut off the money or supply of goods. A gas cylinder can always be empty when they come calling. I'd advise talking to your wife first, though.

My GF has loyalty to me, she prays every night to Buddha for a long life for me. That's because she knows when I cark it, the monthly flow of money will end. So she will do her best to keep me alive.

Good philosophy, the God of Thailand is MONEY!

2 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Recently, they seem to think it is a good idea to come to our home every night at 8 or 9 pm and have dinner.

Who is the owner of the land and the house?

(I mean on the oficial documents, i don't ask who paid for it)

If your wife is the owner, you have nothing to say in the matter

she is legaly in her house (Whatever you think about it) and she can 

invite who she wants, and even put you and your son outside if you make problems.

If you rent and if the contract is in your name, we can discuss your problem

Edited by kingofthemountain
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

i am always surprised by the love leading most of the farang\thais couples

She' might pray but more for her and her beloved ones. If the OP continues acting so weird, she'll hatte him more and more. And the end is near. 

And the end is well known all over TVF......just read the posts of people who are single now and wish they hadn't done some cheap Charley stuff. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Grab a plate, a fork and a spoon and join 'em.

They're probably bringing the meat because they're concerned for you and his Mom, what with things so tight.  Well, maybe just his Mom.

You didn't marry just her.  You married the family.

• Thanks 1