Which office is giving 60 days?

I am a tourist, so I don't mind traveling about.  I just want to get a 60 day extension.  And I know Chiang Mai is only doing 30, so that's not a great option.  Samui is doing 60, but expensive to fly there.  However, Bangkok is also doing 60 and easy to get to MTT.  So which others are?  I'd love to go to Pai or a place where the immigration office is close to the tourist area, like Patong immigration in Phuket.  

Samui is expensive to fly but phuket is an option ?? I don't know how mobile you are but driving is an option if flying is to expensive . And i don't know about now i havn't looked yet but about 6 weeks ago i flew to samui and the tickets where about half price of what they cost normaly because they want some(thai) people to go there for weekends or short holidays . 

1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

Can you give more information.  Has Chiang Mau already refused you? Did you phone Bangkok immigration?

I just went to the Chiang Mai immigration office at the airport and they simply refused to extend the deadline and said it was Chiang Mai immigration policy.

1 hour ago, tabbycat said:

careful with the Bangkok office as well, they have turned people away this week telling them to come back in the last few days prior to the 30/11 stamp expiring, so I imagine next week & the week after is going to be packed.

The deadline is 23/11, because 3. คุณสมบัติไม่ครบถ้วน ไม่อนุญาต ให้เดินทางออก ใน 7 วัน
(The visa is not approved and must leave the kingdom within 7 days)

27 minutes ago, ELMqgp said:

The deadline is 23/11, because 3. คุณสมบัติไม่ครบถ้วน ไม่อนุญาต ให้เดินทางออก ใน 7 วัน
(The visa is not approved and must leave the kingdom within 7 days)

You have 7 days to leave, ending when your visa expires or 7 days after you are denied, which ever is later

That's my understanding. 

So, if you apply for an extension on the 29th, you have until the 6th December to leave. If you apply on the 20th, you have until the 30th to leave.

38 minutes ago, ELMqgp said:

The deadline is 23/11, because  3. Incomplete qualifications are not permitted to leave in 7 days
(The visa is not approved and must leave the kingdom within 7 days).

That is the standard 7 days to leave the country after paying the 1900 baht fee for a extension that is denied.

Hi All,

Live report for 60 day extension. I went to MTT this morning, the office is quite empty. The process itself should not take more than 40 minutes to submit the application and wait for passport return. But since my officer ask for TM30, i have to go to other building to do self report (Lucky I bring all the required documents). Looks like it depend on officer as well, person sit next to me did not ask about TM30.

What need to bring: TM7 + 2 other form, copy passport, photo ID, copy of TM30 notif. Once arrived they will ask you to fill up new affidavit.

Got "under consideration" stamp and asked to report back on 1 Dec.

Anyway, the IO ask for embassy letter multiple times, but I just say MAI MEE and they accept it.

On 11/17/2020 at 5:20 PM, pervaud said:

Hi All,

Live report for 60 day extension. I went to MTT this morning, the office is quite empty. The process itself should not take more than 40 minutes to submit the application and wait for passport return. But since my officer ask for TM30, i have to go to other building to do self report (Lucky I bring all the required documents). Looks like it depend on officer as well, person sit next to me did not ask about TM30.

What need to bring: TM7 + 2 other form, copy passport, photo ID, copy of TM30 notif. Once arrived they will ask you to fill up new affidavit.

Got "under consideration" stamp and asked to report back on 1 Dec.

Anyway, the IO ask for embassy letter multiple times, but I just say MAI MEE and they accept it.

Could you share what documents did you need for the tm30? How was the process? Had you ever filed one before? Thanks in advance

On 11/17/2020 at 3:58 PM, ubonjoe said:

That is the standard 7 days to leave the country after paying the 1900 baht fee for a extension that is denied.

Hi Ubon Joe. Is there a link somewhere for someone to file TM30 form online? I need to get my friend who owns my condo to file it so I can get my 60 day covid extension. I see they just decided to be strict about it at MTT now when I have never been asked for it before in 20 years of my visits to Bangkok in the past when getting extensions. I rent a condo here.

Phuket immigration (not patong but Phuket town) gave people 60 Days extension today. So if people have trouble getting it, just go to Phuket and take a mini vacation and get your extension here. Easy and no need for embassy letter. Just the normal documents + affadevit

30 minutes ago, balsgaard said:

Phuket immigration (not patong but Phuket town) gave people 60 Days extension today. So if people have trouble getting it, just go to Phuket and take a mini vacation and get your extension here. Easy and no need for embassy letter. Just the normal documents + affadevit

Today there were reports from various offices that success with 60 day.

Good indication was that CM which had negative results last week had success today. Also other positive reports. Hua Hin was another.

Hopefully 60 given without issue this week.

11 hours ago, vermin on arrival said:

Hi Ubon Joe. Is there a link somewhere for someone to file TM30 form online? I need to get my friend who owns my condo to file it so I can get my 60 day covid extension.

They will need to register on the site to do the report or you could also do it as the possessor/tennent.

Link for site: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

You could also do the TM30 report in persons yourself if you have a rental agreement and copie of their house book and ID card.

16 hours ago, Phoenixsun28 said:

Could you share what documents did you need for the tm30? How was the process? Had you ever filed one before? Thanks in advance

I did self reporting because the owner doenst want to do it. 

List of document:

1. rental agreement

2. copy of house book

3. copy of owner ID

4. power of attorney form that fill up by owner - Basically this form stated the owner give authority to me to do TM30 on behalf of them. If you dont have this, IO said the owner must come with me.

5. TM30 form - I fill up on the spot

6. copy of my passport + last entry stamp + visa stamp

It take about 1 hour to do this, as i need to back and forth doing some copy of document. At the end they ask me to pay some fine because did not report earlier (about 800THB). After that they give me receipt of TM30 slip.

Anyway this is first time I do this. Hopefully can use this slip in case I need another extension in January.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They will need to register on the site to do the report or you could also do it as the possessor/tennent.

Link for site: https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

You could also do the TM30 report in persons yourself if you have a rental agreement and copie of their house book and ID card.

Hi @ubonjoeif I can get my landlord to file online, how soon can I go to immigration to apply for my covid extension? Is it immediate? What kind of proof or verification will come of the process? Email confirmations or letters on the mail? Wondering what will I need to bring with me after they've processed it. Thanks in advance! 

13 minutes ago, Phoenixsun28 said:

Hi @ubonjoeif I can get my landlord to file online, how soon can I go to immigration to apply for my covid extension? Is it immediate? What kind of proof or verification will come of the process? Email confirmations or letters on the mail? Wondering what will I need to bring with me after they've processed it. Thanks in advance! 

The is not notification when it is done.

Your landlord can do a screenshot of it for proof it was done.

As soon as it is done immigration can check their records to confirm it was done

Archived