• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am a tourist, so I don't mind traveling about.  I just want to get a 60 day extension.  And I know Chiang Mai is only doing 30, so that's not a great option.  Samui is doing 60, but expensive to fly

careful with the Bangkok office as well, they have turned people away this week telling them to come back in the last few days prior to the 30/11 stamp expiring, so I imagine next week & the week

Today there were reports from various offices that success with 60 day. Good indication was that CM which had negative results last week had success today. Also other positive reports. Hua Hin wa

Samui is expensive to fly but phuket is an option ?? I don't know how mobile you are but driving is an option if flying is to expensive . And i don't know about now i havn't looked yet but about 6 weeks ago i flew to samui and the tickets where about half price of what they cost normaly because they want some(thai) people to go there for weekends or short holidays . 

1 minute ago, ELMqgp said:

Bangkok Immigration just told me I could apply for an extension in Bangkok if Chiang Mai Immigration denies extension

Can you give more information.  Has Chiang Mau already refused you? Did you phone Bangkok immigration?

The Bangkok Immigration Department also said that the Chiang Mai Immigration Department can accept copy of the old consulate letter in order to extend the tourist visa.

Edited by ELMqgp
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Wongkitlo said:

Can you give more information.  Has Chiang Mau already refused you? Did you phone Bangkok immigration?

I just went to the Chiang Mai immigration office at the airport and they simply refused to extend the deadline and said it was Chiang Mai immigration policy.

• Like 1

careful with the Bangkok office as well, they have turned people away this week telling them to come back in the last few days prior to the 30/11 stamp expiring, so I imagine next week & the week after is going to be packed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1