Wife in hospital and unable to attend immigration for marriage extension. What to do?

1 minute ago, bamboozled said:

Really quite exasperating, moving goal posts. The prior moving goal post was suddenly requiring 2 month seasoning of 400k where before it was 2 months showing 40,000 (if first time marriage extension).

It has always been 2 months at 400k if using bank account method AFAIK.  For income it was letter from Embassy, no seasoning involved.  Now for those who can not obtain embassy letter a one year of 40k per month transfers into bank account seems to be requirement but have seen 10 months mentioned today - not sure if most accepted only two months or not.  Believe has been in a bit of flux.

Yes, I didn't make that very clear. Perhaps always 2 months for 400k but it had also been 2 months of 40k transfers for first time which I had been planning on using for my first extension based on marriage. Then they suddenly stopped accepting that with no warning causing me to have to transfer the 400k and use the 60 day extension to visit wife while it seasoned. Now it has seasoned but my wife is not available to complete the necessary things or show up at immigration. My landlords also are not keen on coughing up their house registration and ID.

On 11/16/2020 at 10:30 AM, BritTim said:

Just a word of warning since you will be applying in Chiang Mai. There have been reports of people having difficulty getting the Covid extension in Chiang Mai. If they are not willing to provide you with the affidavit, and doing the Covid extension, you might be able to get them to relent by using the Immigration hotline at 1176.

Incorrect number. The correct number is 1178.

New info: I just called the immigration hotline and they said, if you can believe it, that what I need to print out is the statement from the US embassy that they do not provide a letter pertaining to Covid. That about takes the cake for most asinine and useless requirements.

So yes, I printed the above screen shot and that sufficed. I did indeed get a 60 day extension at CM today. Only one copy is needed of everything though the helpful man out front was having everyone make two copies. But the last guy after I got my number, the one that took my passport and money, gave me back one of the copies. So, if you are from the US and are going for the Covid extension, you can print the above screenshot or take it directly from the US consulate in Chiang Mai website. Another American copied my printout (above screenshot) and also received his extension so I can confirm without doubt that two of us used it and is was accepted. Cheers.

On 11/15/2020 at 9:19 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will need the standard copies of your passport pages, TM6 departure card and a completed TM7 form. They will give you the affidavit to complete and sign.

And you will also need this screenshot taken from the US consulate in CM website (if you are American). Please pass it along.

Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 3.29.45 PM.png

Archived