Expat Complaining

ausiekid

14 minutes ago, ausiekid said:

Why is it that all (maybe not all) expats complaining, whinging and mopping about Thailand, their people, laws food, climate and everything else? Go back to your country and complain there. Get of your high horse and face facts in your country. No place is perfect wherever you go or live.  

With some of the recent posts lately I agree with you. 

You get a lot of Thai bashing and what make me laugh is they start with this is not a Thai bash thread, when it is.

Made the mistake myself in the past. 

You start with the premise that  "most/many" expats are generally negative about Thailand in general.

I can agree "some" air generally  negative  views but I suspect at times they are those who did not fare well in Thailand for whatever reason and are  commenting from afar.

I also do not frequent farang expat clique haunts so have never experienced the Thai "life viewed through the bottom of a  glass" discussions I have been told  take place.

5 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

With some of the recent posts lately I agree with you. 

You get a lot of Thai bashing and what make me laugh is they start with this is not a Thai bash thread, when it is.

Made the mistake myself in the past. 

Thanks that's all I wanted to put out there

I have a fairly small circle of expat friends and collegues.

None, nada, zero, not a one, complains, whinges, mopes (not sure if that is really the right word) about Thailand apart from the occasional "got nicked by a ruddy lane change camera" or similar.

Of course those you meet in the pub are a different kettle of fish ...

• Like 1

There is the innocent issue of talking about complainers for the sake of the negativity of the complaining..

but there is the more sinister side some people who think they are real tough guys don't seem to get.

People complaining in a political sense is a whole new ball game altogether in Thailand.

We all heard about Thais getting hauled away for attitude adjustment.

I often want to ask posters if they think the situation (L.M, slander, libel, defamation etc) will get better or worse in Thailand?

If you said worse, then i can see a day where they will be coming after people who have put out comments online, especially if you line up individuals with accusations of corruption of the brown paper bag variety.

They certainly won't tolerate Thais commenting on certain things,

So  how long will they tolerate farangs constantly talking sหit? (even the stuff thats true)

I guess you can say they can't do much about farangs mouthing off about certain things online, right?

(can they?)

but as ive always said:

"theres more than one way to skin a cat"

I guess if they get jack of farangs constantly mouthing off, they could always make it real hard to get a visa.

err..wait..