Couple riding a Harley-Davidson injured in road crash

webfact

Couple riding a Harley-Davidson injured in road crash

By The Nation

800_34811b80e641cf2.jpg?v=1605423597

A couple riding a motorbike were heavily injured in Lampang province on Saturday when they crashed into a car, sending them flying.

Hang Chat district policemen rescued the victims and sent them for medical attention.

Police found Jirayuth Tippharat, 36, lying on the road with injuries on his arms, but his wife Natchaya Tippharat, 28, was unconscious.

Jirayuth said that the car came from another direction and he could not brake his Harley-Davidson motorbike in time to prevent the crash.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30397985

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-16

The hatred for bikers or motorcyclists which ever term rings your bell is in fact quite disgusting. The assumption of being drunk and speeding shows extreme lack of knowledge. First it's a Harley which is very much a look at me bike (sorry Harley riders) so driving fast kind of defeats the purpose. People who ride and spend large amounts of their cash become quite anal about cleaning, polishing and taking care of their bikes (me included). The bike in the photo looks well looked after. With my experience its suicidal to drive any vehicle in thailand under any alcohol. Thai's just pull out and dont look, it's just Thai. 

• Like 1

Interesting to see how much publicity a Harley gives you when you crash it.

At exactly the same day maybe 50 drivers of Honda Click's or Fino's were killed in Thailand, and hundreds or thousands injured, but nobody seems to care much about them in this country...:coffee1:

Edited by Flying Saucage
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

I bought my ex a new Honda Civic, which probably comes with 10 to 15 % tint on the front windscreen and she requested the dealership to apply a 80% tint all round, even the dealership asked if she was sure that she wanted that on the front, but she ploughed ahead and you couldn't drive the damned thing at night, or if it was raining heavily as you couldn't see a damned thing. It sure did look good and offset the black on the wheels nicely but it was insane and as I was worried she'd scoop up a motorcyclist on a dark side street I sent her 15k thb to get the whole lot swapped out. I then gave up as unable to learn her lesson she replaced the dealer fitted tint with some super dooper heat reflective tint that was just as dark.......crazy, crazy woman ????

My Fortuner has 80% all round and is not an issue at night or when it is raining.

32 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:
4 hours ago, Megasin1 said:

I bought my ex a new Honda Civic, which probably comes with 10 to 15 % tint on the front windscreen and she requested the dealership to apply a 80% tint all round, even the dealership asked if she was sure that she wanted that on the front, but she ploughed ahead and you couldn't drive the damned thing at night, or if it was raining heavily as you couldn't see a damned thing. It sure did look good and offset the black on the wheels nicely but it was insane and as I was worried she'd scoop up a motorcyclist on a dark side street I sent her 15k thb to get the whole lot swapped out. I then gave up as unable to learn her lesson she replaced the dealer fitted tint with some super dooper heat reflective tint that was just as dark.......crazy, crazy woman ????

Expand  

My Fortuner has 80% all round and is not an issue at night or when it is raining.

80% or 20% ??? Different manufactures use different figures to quote the same thing. 

Film manufacturers would quote 80% which allows 80% of visible light, whereas another manufacturer would quote 20% film which blocks 20% of visible light - in effect both were the same. 

The numbering is now more complex as manufactures quotes different things and also quote for blocking UVA, UVB and Visible light, they also quote for ‘cooling’ etc some have metal flakes in them, some ceramic etc... 

The key measurement for safety is ‘Visible light’...  IF I’m not mistaken anything 30% is the limit in Thailand (blocking 30% of visible light) which IMO is still to dangerous at night. 

We’ve all been in cars at night where ‘too much light’ is blocked out and seeing out of the cars at night creates a somewhat perilous situation for both the driver and other road users. I’ve been in Grab-Cars (Grab Taxi) which had film which was way too dark at night - perhaps blocking 50% of visible light or more. 

Thus Techno Viking your quote of 80% may mean that that specific manufacturer quotes for 80% visible light transmission through the film (i.e. blocks 20%) which is why you think its not an issue, because it probably isn’t.

Mild films (i.e. blocking 10-15-20%) visible light aren’t really an issue on all but the darkest of country roads where its pitch black and a farm vehicle is marked by nothing other than a hanging CD !

20 minutes ago, tifino said:

... except that tinted windows were not a contribution to the OP incident... look at the photo, and the far off vehicle parked over the other side is clearly seen thru both side&front glass...

Hard for me to tell but it looks as though the driver's side window is down.

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

80% or 20% ??? Different manufactures use different figures to quote the same thing. 

Film manufacturers would quote 80% which allows 80% of visible light, whereas another manufacturer would quote 20% film which blocks 20% of visible light - in effect both were the same. 

The numbering is now more complex as manufactures quotes different things and also quote for blocking UVA, UVB and Visible light, they also quote for ‘cooling’ etc some have metal flakes in them, some ceramic etc... 

The key measurement for safety is ‘Visible light’...  IF I’m not mistaken anything 30% is the limit in Thailand (blocking 30% of visible light) which IMO is still to dangerous at night. 

We’ve all been in cars at night where ‘too much light’ is blocked out and seeing out of the cars at night creates a somewhat perilous situation for both the driver and other road users. I’ve been in Grab-Cars (Grab Taxi) which had film which was way too dark at night - perhaps blocking 50% of visible light or more. 

Thus Techno Viking your quote of 80% may mean that that specific manufacturer quotes for 80% visible light transmission through the film (i.e. blocks 20%) which is why you think its not an issue, because it probably isn’t.

Mild films (i.e. blocking 10-15-20%) visible light aren’t really an issue on all but the darkest of country roads where its pitch black and a farm vehicle is marked by nothing other than a hanging CD !

well if you look at the photo of the car i included you would note that the drivers door is open, but you would never know if you just looked through the windscreen, it was like a cave in there ????

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Mine blocks 80%.

14 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

Even a big motorbike is unsafe not only in Thailand but anywhere there is an accident while riding it. 

I learned how to ride at 18 and have always had a MC and car dual license....even as I putter around on my 95 Honda dream 100cc...Ive been hit about 5 times on it, I recall being stuck under my Honda 650 yrs ago as that exhaust burned into my leg.....now look at that Harley in the pic. imagine being under it.....the bigger and faster they are the more damage they can inflict upon you and your passenger...function rules over fashion in my eyes

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone on TV tell me how to remove tint from car windows.  Dealer fitted on my Vios as 'compensation' for late delivery after the great flood some years ago.  Never mind how cool it might look, I want to see!

38 minutes ago, Robin said:

Can anyone on TV tell me how to remove tint from car windows.  Dealer fitted on my Vios as 'compensation' for late delivery after the great flood some years ago.  Never mind how cool it might look, I want to see!

If it's an aftermarket film then just use a razorblade to "score" a new edge line then use the razor to scrape the excess away. Otherwise, if it's a commercial glass tint application you may have to use a solvent.