Two arrested in Lopburi over alleged Bt400m lottery ticket fraud

webfact

1 hour ago, Walter Travolta said:

You would imagine, to avoid this, that a government source only would supply the tickets ????‍♂️

What happens to the unsold ones after the draw? Are they returned to the distributor for a full refund?

3 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

She is over the moon about it because if she bought the same ticket for 80 baht on the street she would have only won 2000 baht.

Please explain why the same ticket on the street would only win 50% of the prize

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Susco said:

Please explain why the same ticket on the street would only win 50% of the prize

I have no idea hence the "lost in transalation". All I know is that she got 4000 baht deposited into her account tonight for a single winning ticket (2 digits). As I said, I don't buy tickets so have little idea of how it all works. I am just passing on what my wife said, or seemed to say. LOL

Actually even 4000 baht for a 1:100 chance of winning with a 60 baht ticket is poor odds. Even odds should give a prize closer to 6000 baht less fees and reasonable profit margin. This is why I don't play. Crappy odds.

Edited by Dexxter

22 minutes ago, Dexxter said:

What happens to the unsold ones after the draw? Are they returned to the distributor for a full refund?

I think thats what should happen if its the govt running it, if it was a private enterprise I would guess that the vendors get used to how many tickets on average they sell, buy that amount and either suffer the loss of buying too many or buying more should they sell out before the draw date. Just an opinion ????

1 hour ago, Dexxter said:

I have no idea hence the "lost in transalation". All I know is that she got 4000 baht deposited into her account tonight for a single winning ticket (2 digits). As I said, I don't buy tickets so have little idea of how it all works. I am just passing on what my wife said, or seemed to say. LOL

Actually even 4000 baht for a 1:100 chance of winning with a 60 baht ticket is poor odds. Even odds should give a prize closer to 6000 baht less fees and reasonable profit margin. This is why I don't play. Crappy odds.

She probably spent 60bht on the winning two digit number and sometimes they can bet on the number being reversed as long as they have the two correct digits . But the prize from her lottery is twice what you get for the government lottery for the two digit prize I think . Picking two digits is one way but you can pick three and get a higher prize . For 100 bht bet on three digit you win 80-90,000 prize I think it is and a few weeks ago the people who run it were even offering twice that amount for some reason . Can’t remember if was special occasion or something. All I know is that in 10 years I haven’t won 1 bht from doing 500-1000bht every fortnight on gov lottery ! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Out of curiosity, does anybody know what would happen if a foreigner won a substantial amount in the lottery here?

Are we even allowed to claim the prize, and are there huge taxes to be paid, etc.?

I won 8000 once but an inlaw cashed it in 

• Haha 2

On 11/16/2020 at 10:12 AM, tonray said:

If they can only legally sell tickets at 80 baht on the street....what kind of sense would buying them at 80 baht make ? And before everyone screams that nobody sells at 80 baht...in my 5 years here I have never seen a ticket sold for more than 80 baht for a ticket pair. 

They haven't been sold in pairs for ages only single tickets at 80 Baht each and yes they are sold at 100 Baht in many places. Especially if you buy more than one of the same number. Guess you must live  in a remote village somewhere.

4 minutes ago, DGS1244 said:

They haven't been sold in pairs for ages only single tickets at 80 Baht each and yes they are sold at 100 Baht in many places. Especially if you buy more than one of the same number. Guess you must live  in a remote village somewhere.

Actually you are buying the same pair at 80 baht...they just did away with the extra paper. But no...live in an around Bangkok...you all need to stay away from tourist trap areas....normal pricing everywhere else.......Let me guess...you live in the farangville Sukhumvit / Asok / Silom etc etc

42 minutes ago, tonray said:

Actually you are buying the same pair at 80 baht...they just did away with the extra paper. But no...live in an around Bangkok...you all need to stay away from tourist trap areas....normal pricing everywhere else.......Let me guess...you live in the farangville Sukhumvit / Asok / Silom etc etc

Answer to your question is no I live Chiang Mai as a long term resident,  and 100 Baht is common here. Yes they combined the tickets but if you win you only get one prize not two, that I have experience of