something went wrong........

ChouDoufu

The error code indicates a detected mismatch of the anti-CSFR (Cross-Site Request Forgery) token key that's used as part of the user authentication process when sending new data back to the server.

This error sometimes comes up when users create bookmarks that have expired CSFR token key embedded in the recorded URL, or more likely when there is a data cache timing discrepancy somewhere between the user's web browser, the 3rd-party Content Delivery Network such as CloudFlare, and the actual web server.

Luckily requesting a fresh login usually corrects the issue (even if that extra step is a pain).

3 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

what went wrong?

i get this message about half the time i try to log in.

happens quite often, so i look at the keys when i type my password.

always logs in on second try.

sumtingwong.jpg.a254ac21694026d058029e802418b4e8.jpg

Yes i have exactly the same problem

it's relatively new, since one or two weeks

Edited by kingofthemountain

1 hour ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Have found that this happen if I have more than one page of TVF open and I have logged out on one of them. Before logout on one page was effective for all. Now if I try to log out on another page I get the error as above.

That's one way to trigger it. As a test I logged out on one page, then tried to post using another... ThaiVisa just ignored my submit reply requests (as it should). But even when I logged back in, any previous pages I had open required I do a F5 refresh as the user auth key token was stale (changed when logged off and again when logged back on in the other page).  I've sometimes lost whole manifestos when ThaiVisa posting error occurs (and they were good, well thought out ramblings!! )

I usually never log off, so don't have the problem of open pages going stale (token key expiring).

5 hours ago, RichCor said:

The error code indicates a detected mismatch of the anti-CSFR (Cross-Site Request Forgery) token key that's used as part of the user authentication process when sending new data back to the server.

This error sometimes comes up when users create bookmarks that have expired CSFR token key embedded in the recorded URL, or more likely when there is a data cache timing discrepancy somewhere between the user's web browser, the 3rd-party Content Delivery Network such as CloudFlare, and the actual web server.

Luckily requesting a fresh login usually corrects the issue (even if that extra step is a pain).

so, umm....in english...............something went wrong, eh?

hit refresh, try again, then something will not go wrong.  got it!  tanks!

1 hour ago, teacherclaire said:

It can be from a post that got deleted by a Moderator. 

I don't think so

however it seems the error page happens for me when the advertising video is playing

at the same time i am trying to connect my account. It seems the server can not handdle both.

If i close first this advertising video (Not an easy thing as you have to roll down the page

then wait untill the little video appears again, then try to catch the small crush on the side to finaly close this thing)

then after i closed it, i can log with no problem at the first try.

Pretty anonying to say the least

Edited by kingofthemountain

14 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

I don't think so

however it seems the error page happens for me when the advertising video is playing

at the same time i am trying to connect my account. It seems the server can not handdle both.

If i close first this advertising video (Not an easy thing as you have to roll down the page

then wait untill the little video appears again, then try to catch the small crush on the side to finaly close this thing)

then after i closed it, i can log with no problem at the first try.

Pretty anonying to say the least

you might have something there!

i don't see any ads due to firefox add-ons.

you can see in the attached screenshot we're blocking ~30 items.

i'll be sure to wait until the digits stop increasing before logging in, maybe that will fix it.

4 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

i'll be sure to wait until the digits stop increasing before logging in, maybe that will fix it.

Is there a reason you're signing out. It's not required.

If it's not something you're doing, but the browser or security software is doing automatic housecleaning and deleting cookies then getting signed out is a side-effect (user tokens stored in cookies being deleted).

2 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Is there a reason you're signing out. It's not required.

If it's not something you're doing, but the browser or security software is doing automatic housecleaning and deleting cookies then getting signed out is a side-effect (user tokens stored in cookies being deleted).

no, i don't sign out.  i turn off the computer.

next day surfing the intertubes, visit thaivisa, no longer logged in.

this is not something that recurs during one session at the computer.

i'm logged in until i disconnect from the interwebs.

19 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

no, i don't sign out.  i turn off the computer.

next day surfing the intertubes, visit thaivisa, no longer logged in.

this is not something that recurs during one session at the computer.

i'm logged in until i disconnect from the interwebs.

Odd.

On my Win10 laptop I just hit the power button, open Chrome, and hit my bookmark link ...and I'm still signed in to ThaiVisa as before (unless something has cleared cache/cookies).