Monk killed in road accident involving teen biker in Chonburi

webfact

Monk killed in road accident involving teen biker in Chonburi

By The Nation

800_47cba523bd41470.png?v=1605507387

A speeding motorcycle reportedly killed a 64-year-old monk who was walking on the route to receive food offerings in Chonburi province on Monday morning.

The bike was allegedly ridden by a 16-year-old who was on his way to bring his mother back from work.

The teenager reportedly could not stop the speeding vehicle when he saw the monk in his way.

The monk from Nong Prue temple was immediately killed while the biker’s left ribs were broken. He was later sent to Laem Chabang Hospital.

Police have ordered the detention of the suspect for prosecution in the case after his treatment.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398024

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-16

18 hours ago, champers said:

Be interesting to know if the monk was walking towards oncoming traffic or walking with his back to it. The former is recommended.

But but but, looks like they teach the kids at school to walk with the traffic flow and not against it. I explained at least 100 people about this and all the same answer. Another one, the kids walks on the wrong side of the parent (closest to the traffic).

Edited by SomchaiCNX
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Scott Tracy said:

The monk, if dressed correctly, could be said to have been wearing head to toe hi vis...no excuse for the underage bike rider not to see him, whether the monk was walking with, or against the traffic.

If he was a forest monk then his robe could be a tan or brown in colour which would make him harder to see, at least if you were looking out ahead, both sides and behind you on a motorbike.

On 11/16/2020 at 5:26 PM, Kerryd said:

don't think they teach that here. I see it every morning when I go out for my stroll around the neighb

And up here in the NE children and adults walk right behind you

when backing out of parking at market... very dangerous