Traditional Thai Sala Requirements??

ShindenGo

Hello All,

I apologize if this is the wrong forum and if necessary please move it to the appropriate one. 

I am thinking of installing a Thai Traditional Sala in my yard since the yard is being hardly used. As I understand you can purchase a Sala and plop it down on your yard. 

But I would like to know: is it necessary to drill pillars into the ground to “hold” the Sala??? (Similar to the pillars drilled into the ground for homes)

Thank You!!

Additionally, I installed a low cost but very nice little Solar LED light. Works great so no need to pull power to it unless of course you want a fan but i'd guess you can find a solar set up. ????

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, JAFO said:

Additionally, I installed a low cost but very nice little Solar LED light. Works great so no need to pull power to it unless of course you want a fan but i'd guess you can find a solar set up. ????

That’s a very good idea!! Thank you

A year or two ago we had a storm and we had several fairly new structures literally blown away. Two had concrete footings, the roof of one finished up 100 metres down the road.

Just saying...  Not a big deal to dig holes, concrete in a four concrete pipes for anchorage.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, cooked said:

A year or two ago we had a storm and we had several fairly new structures literally blown away. Two had concrete footings, the roof of one finished up 100 metres down the road.

Just saying...  Not a big deal to dig holes, concrete in a four concrete pipes for anchorage.

That makes sense. More reasonable and cheaper than drilling pillars into the ground.