Suvarnabhumi Car Parking over the New Years Holiday

Saraburi121

I am flying domestic out of Swampy on 28 December and returning after New Years.  Worried that I won't be able to find a space in the short term parking since it is a holiday period and won't have a lot of time to look around for parking.  I used the short term parking during the weekdays in late October 2020 and it was pretty full.  Ended up going to down to level 3 to finally find one space left. Still don't understand how cars park and block in other cars, thought must be a huge bunch of group travelers that come back at the same time lol.   I read in several forums that long term parking you drag your luggage to a pick up point have to take a shuttle to the terminal which could be a hassle with a family plus waiting on a shuttle.

-Is long term parking really that much of a hassle with a family?  Does it fill up over the holidays? How often do the shuttles come?

-Any recommemdations on hotels near the airport that offer car parking while on your trip would be appreciated. Don't mind paying a reasonable fee.  Thought about staying the night before the flight near the airport since traffic is unpredictable during the holidays. Flight doesn't depart until 1140 am but have a 2.5 hour drive depending on traffic. Looked at the Novotel Suvarnabhumi but quite expensive.

-Any pay and fly parking lots outside of the airport?

Will continue to research.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 

Cant guarantee it, but normally the bottom two levels are empty even during peak times. I have used those many times, without a problem. Most times I park next to the lift. I like most can never find the reason that they double park just to be near the top.   

• Like 1

There are hotels that let you park for a week or three. I used to use the Dusit Princess on Srinakarin but it's been years. I would stay the night with the family and take the hotel car to the airport. Did it at the Novotel at the airport once, but it was only for a few days. I'm sure a lot of hotels close to the airport that have shuttles will do this as well. You might try the Miracle...

• Like 1

I picked up my car from Suvarnabhumi short stay last week - I agree the top floors are generally full - but plenty of room below.

My car had been there since February!!!  We were expecting to return in early April , but Covid put paid to that! & I could not return until last month.

When I returned - car had been moved by the parking authorities - and was outside - with a wheel clamp - a flat battery (probably from the alarm after it was moved (or maybe 8 mths of no use)) - and a heavy coating of bird s@#t.   I was not happy - but had to shell out 65K to get my car out (250 baht/day).  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, G Rex said:

I picked up my car from Suvarnabhumi short stay last week - I agree the top floors are generally full - but plenty of room below.

My car had been there since February!!!  We were expecting to return in early April , but Covid put paid to that! & I could not return until last month.

When I returned - car had been moved by the parking authorities - and was outside - with a wheel clamp - a flat battery (probably from the alarm after it was moved (or maybe 8 mths of no use)) - and a heavy coating of bird s@#t.   I was not happy - but had to shell out 65K to get my car out (250 baht/day).  

Welcome back and thank you for posting!

Bit to pay but at least its still there.  

33 minutes ago, Saraburi121 said:

The Park Nine Hotel in Lat Krabang said if I rented a room on the front end and back end of the trip car parking and airport shuttle is free.  Nice well lit parking area directly in front of the hotel.  Went ahead and went with this option.  

Hotel is only a couple years old too. Where are you coming from? Get there early, they have some nice lunch specials. Nice new Robinson right across the street with a lot of food as well.

Even without the shuttle a taxi is only about B120....

Saraburi...doh!

Edited by Yellowtail

We stayed there after we flew in a few weeks ago. Nice hotel with good rooms and facilities. Ended up eating across the street at the mall last time.  If we get there in time will give lunch a look, thanks. 

Live in very northern tip of Saraburi.  Don’t usually travel during the holidays because of dangers on the road but going to give it a try this year. Hate driving on Route 2 but should be driving opposite of the Bangkok exodus to the northeast.