The Fireworks next weekend are they on the Friday and Saturday (27th and 28th) or the Saturday and Sunday (28th and 29th). One article I read said Friday and Saturday and another said Saturday and Sunday.

1 hour ago, PAWNEESE said:

from this:

Saturday and Sunday (Nov 27-28).

:cheesy::cheesy:

They can't even get dates and day of week straight.

Of course the evening of Sunday 29 would not make sense as the Bangkokians and other domestic tourists are long gone.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Has always been Friday and Saturday nights, although since this year it is no longer 'International' not sure how much Fireworks there will be each evening...... or it will be padded more by drumming up enthusiasm via distorted PA systems. 

Edited by jacko45k

Far as I can tell, it's just on Pattaya beach.

No idea which day would be better. Might depend on the weather. Off hand, I'd say Saturday night would probably be the "big finale" but that's just me.

2 hours ago, Odinrex said:

What day is best you think? Two days out in a row is no good at my age... Friday is just warm up and Saturday is the main event, or have I misunderstood something?

We will go on Friday, same as last year, when I think it will be mostly Pattaya residents in attendance. On Saturday there will be more out of towners.

11 hours ago, Odinrex said:

What day is best you think? Two days out in a row is no good at my age... Friday is just warm up and Saturday is the main event, or have I misunderstood something?

Personally I always chose Friday and one night was enough... much of a sameness. I actually chose Friday as I wanted to be up early on a Sunday and seemed to find a hotel in town easier on Friday. I always imagined driving into town to be easier on Friday afternoon too.

Edited by jacko45k
13 hours ago, sscc said:

Can we see the firework in Jomtien/Dongtan beach area ?   

Or Pattaya beach only   ?

Only if you're on top of a tall condo building. Many years ago, I lived in Jomtien Complex Condo (32 stories), and the view from the roof was pretty good, although a bit distant really. It saved all the hassle and crowds in Pattaya, anyway.

Does anybody have the details of the schedule for Friday and Saturday. I know their timing goes out of the window as soon as it starts (actually the timing normally starts to go wrong before hand) but it would be nice to have a few details.

18 hours ago, roger101 said:

Does anybody have the details of the schedule for Friday and Saturday. I know their timing goes out of the window as soon as it starts (actually the timing normally starts to go wrong before hand) but it would be nice to have a few details.

https://www.pattayacityevents.com/events/งานเทศกาลพลุนานาชาติเม/

Thanks but I don't read Thai.

I found the information on Pattaya News (in English) this morning. Good job I didn't trust Pattaya Mail they had the fireworks starting at 9.30PM not 7.20PM. I would have been pretty pxxxxx off if I got there at 9.30 and missed 3/4 of the show.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, roger101 said:

Good job I didn't trust Pattaya Mail they had the fireworks starting at 9.30PM not 7.20PM.

I saw that and thought it sounded rather late as the concert was supposed to start at 6pm. 

We are planning on catching the show tonight so will probably try to get there before dark.
(My Thai friends will no doubt be setting up a dozen mats and bringing enough food to feed the whole beach - again - like they did during Loy Krathong. Who brings a mortar and pestle to the beach so they can make fresh Som Tam ? Seriously !)

• Haha 1