Fireworks

roger101

1 hour ago, PAWNEESE said:

from this:

Saturday and Sunday (Nov 27-28).

:cheesy::cheesy:

They can't even get dates and day of week straight.

Of course the evening of Sunday 29 would not make sense as the Bangkokians and other domestic tourists are long gone.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Has always been Friday and Saturday nights, although since this year it is no longer 'International' not sure how much Fireworks there will be each evening...... or it will be padded more by drumming up enthusiasm via distorted PA systems. 

Edited by jacko45k

Far as I can tell, it's just on Pattaya beach.

No idea which day would be better. Might depend on the weather. Off hand, I'd say Saturday night would probably be the "big finale" but that's just me.

2 hours ago, Odinrex said:

What day is best you think? Two days out in a row is no good at my age... Friday is just warm up and Saturday is the main event, or have I misunderstood something?

We will go on Friday, same as last year, when I think it will be mostly Pattaya residents in attendance. On Saturday there will be more out of towners.

11 hours ago, Odinrex said:

What day is best you think? Two days out in a row is no good at my age... Friday is just warm up and Saturday is the main event, or have I misunderstood something?

Personally I always chose Friday and one night was enough... much of a sameness. I actually chose Friday as I wanted to be up early on a Sunday and seemed to find a hotel in town easier on Friday. I always imagined driving into town to be easier on Friday afternoon too.

Edited by jacko45k

13 hours ago, sscc said:

Can we see the firework in Jomtien/Dongtan beach area ?   

Or Pattaya beach only   ?

Only if you're on top of a tall condo building. Many years ago, I lived in Jomtien Complex Condo (32 stories), and the view from the roof was pretty good, although a bit distant really. It saved all the hassle and crowds in Pattaya, anyway.

Does anybody have the details of the schedule for Friday and Saturday. I know their timing goes out of the window as soon as it starts (actually the timing normally starts to go wrong before hand) but it would be nice to have a few details.

18 hours ago, roger101 said:

Does anybody have the details of the schedule for Friday and Saturday. I know their timing goes out of the window as soon as it starts (actually the timing normally starts to go wrong before hand) but it would be nice to have a few details.

https://www.pattayacityevents.com/events/งานเทศกาลพลุนานาชาติเม/

Thanks but I don't read Thai.

I found the information on Pattaya News (in English) this morning. Good job I didn't trust Pattaya Mail they had the fireworks starting at 9.30PM not 7.20PM. I would have been pretty pxxxxx off if I got there at 9.30 and missed 3/4 of the show.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, roger101 said:

Good job I didn't trust Pattaya Mail they had the fireworks starting at 9.30PM not 7.20PM.

I saw that and thought it sounded rather late as the concert was supposed to start at 6pm. 

We are planning on catching the show tonight so will probably try to get there before dark.
(My Thai friends will no doubt be setting up a dozen mats and bringing enough food to feed the whole beach - again - like they did during Loy Krathong. Who brings a mortar and pestle to the beach so they can make fresh Som Tam ? Seriously !)

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, champers said:

Yes.

I don't think so. Today is it planned from

19:20 to 19:35

19:50 to 20:05

21:00 to 21:15

21:30 to 21:45

Yesterday they had the same but everything was shifted by one hour. This schedule above is from the link below in Thai. I couldn't find an English version. For what? There are no tourists anyway or so the thinking I think.... 

https://www.pattayacityevents.com/events/งานเทศกาลพลุนานาชาติเม/

Here what Google Translate makes out of it:

Saturday 28 November 2020

6.00 PM: the performance of the Yothavathit from the beach of North Pattaya to the festival site
 19.15 hrs. Show from Nong Nooch Tropical Garden Pattaya, set 1
 19.20 hrs. The 1st show, Pattaya, Sawan Beach, can be enjoyed by all ages every day.
 19.35 hrs. Show from Nong Nooch Tropical Garden, Pattaya, set 2
 7.50 p.m. Firework show set 2 at dusk  Pattaya the starry sky
 8:05 PM - Boom Boom Cash Concert
 At 21.00, the third firework show enchanting the night opens the clouds.
 Time 21.15 hrs. Show from Suanthai Pattaya
 9:30 PM: the 4th set: Lights of Celebrate
 Time 21.45: Buddha Bless Concert
 Time 22.45 finish the activity

All over except for the concert - and the clean up.

Beach is still half full in the North end. Can faintly hear the bass from the concert stage down by Pattaya Klang.

Most people are taking their garbage with them but I didn't see any trash bins along Beach road like they had for Loy Krathong.

They should have sets of bins every 50 meters for events like this and a crew going around every hour to empty them.

2 hours ago, Kerryd said:

All over except for the concert - and the clean up.

Beach is still half full in the North end. Can faintly hear the bass from the concert stage down by Pattaya Klang.

Most people are taking their garbage with them but I didn't see any trash bins along Beach road like they had for Loy Krathong.

They should have sets of bins every 50 meters for events like this and a crew going around every hour to empty them.

Went tonight instead of my planned last night. Sat between sois 7 and 8, huge crowds that were bigger than last year. The show was very good, especially the final display though I think last year's show was better with the international teams in a competition.

Getting away was akin to a big football match. I would be interested to see estimates of the size of the crowd. My very rough guess would be around 50,000. Traders of all sorts getting a welcome boost.

Two weeks away to the music festival. We can expect much of the same plus Jomtien getting a slice of the action.

Well done Pattaya.

• Like 1

It was a decent affair, however from the North Pattaya end of the beach, all we saw were what looked like random fireworks going off. Didn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to them. I was expecting them to be synchronized to music and if they were, we couldn't hear it.

Couldn't hear the concert music either, except for some faint thumping from a heavy bass now and then.

By the time the first display started, the beach was packed. There were small "lanes" between groups of people from the road all the way to the water, and even those small open spaces were usually filled with masses of wee little ankle-biters playing in the sand or shooting those little LED light gizmos into the sky and then chasing them down when they land.

Many people left after the second set of fireworks, maybe thinking that was it. There was a long delay (90 minutes) between the 2nd and 3rd displays (30 minutes between the 1st and 2nd and 30 minutes between the 3rd and 4th).
The music stopped somewhere between 10-11 pm. Hard to tell as we couldn't hear much of it anyways.

We cleaned our area and all our bags of garbage when into one of the many piles that were stacked around the trees along Beach Road as there were NO garbage bins to be seen anywhere.

We left a little after 1am and there were still a lot of people on the beach, maybe a fifth of what there had been at it's peak. The traffic on #2 road was still very heavy, and scary, as I suspect a lot of people had spent the evening drinking. I dropped a friend of and scooted up to Sukhumvit which, between Tai and Klang, wasn't that busy at all. I guess most of the traffic on Klang was heading towards Naklua (or Chonburi/Bangkok).

Note: I'm not a photographer. I use a cheap Sony Cybershot which, most of the time, is great. I set it on the "Intelligent" mode (auto focus and exposure control) and normally it works great. (Note the shots of the people on the beach, no flash required).
Not so great when doing fireworks though. It "intelligently" decides to use "Nighttime" settings (longer exposure) which doesn't go well with fireworks. It also had an issue with focusing as I was so far from the fireworks. Sadly, most of my photos were a waste of storage space. (But as I have gigabytes of storage it wasn't really a concern.)

Just after 8pm
DSC00602.thumb.JPG.068e245060cfdfc20b99e820f88f6273.JPG  DSC00603.thumb.JPG.36acbe2b1103bf5b2e6f310d68deaa31.JPG  DSC00666.thumb.JPG.6fb41fc7ac58c94438666bf1a32de685.JPG

DSC00596.thumb.JPG.826662db66527f3bbe830244c4c2cde6.JPG  DSC00590.thumb.JPG.779f30a92e8ce6c9058dcd3645157bfd.JPG  DSC00592.thumb.JPG.36599996c166284254eb6118e2739e7a.JPG

Lol - can't resize a video like you can a photo.

Just after 10pm. The last fireworks display had ended about 20 minutes earlier.
DSC00671.thumb.JPG.c2ff39b1f2a12b80afb9e329b96255aa.JPG  DSC00672.thumb.JPG.25a89df8a4d2367e95d547aeaffeb976.JPG

DSC00636.JPG

• Like 1

Something wrong with the forum software.
I resized all the photos to "340" width (maintaining aspect ratio) except for the video, but as soon as I submitted the post, the software set them back to their original size.

Got there at 7PM  on Friday and waited for the 7.20 fireworks. And waited and waited. If they are going to put the fireworks back one hour they should at least tell somebody.

Saturday night almost missed the first show as I was still under the impression that it would start at 7.20.

Typicl Thai planning.

4 hours ago, roger101 said:

Got there at 7PM  on Friday and waited for the 7.20 fireworks. And waited and waited. If they are going to put the fireworks back one hour they should at least tell somebody.

Saturday night almost missed the first show as I was still under the impression that it would start at 7.20.

Typicl Thai planning.

Its seem friday was a technical problem, if you noticed around 19h30 they turned off the beach light and fired a first artifice, them nothing for 10 min and put back the light.

18 hours ago, roger101 said:

Typicl Thai planning.

They are late every year.... someone must call ahead to say they are stuck in traffic and they waited for them!

There was also some false-start, whereby the lights were put out and a few fireworks went off, then it stopped for 10-15 minutes more, and lights went back on. I suspected some technical issue.