Dental work; root canal, post and crown.

Yesterday given quote of 14,000 baht at a High Street clinic for root canal, post and crown. Thai Mrs went ballistic and wants me to have an extraction. Any members with experience of this? Is the quote reasonable? Could the dentist's at our local hospital perform this work? Thanks in advance.

• Confused 1
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your teeth, your money, your decision. 14K THB for the whole sheebang is extremely reasonable.  Get it taken care of.  Needless extractions can compromise the structure of the rest of the teeth, gu

Of course not.  But then Mrs worn tires suffer a catastrophic failure and Mrs becomes one of the 21,000 fatality on Thai roads.  Mrs chooses to have teeth pulled but then suffers from problems assoc

The cost is reasonable. Bear in mind if you need to replace the tooth after an extraction, an implant will set you back 50K - 60K. I'm somewhat bewildered by the input of the Mrs, my GF knows wha

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Seems quite reasonable, and expect it is not the high grade gold which would have really caused a scene (crown only could easily be more than 20k).  😃

This is often used as a reference for price range at high street clinics:

https://www.bangkoksmiledental.com/prices.php#prices_prosthetics

Suspect hospital dentists could do the work - crown may have to be ordered from outside so probably not too much cost savings on that but have no real world knowledge.  I use a hospital but it is a very expensive dental service at private facility here in Bangkok and expect you are asking about a government type facility.  

Most helpful, thank you very much!

51 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Yesterday given quote of 14,000 baht at a High Street clinic for root canal, post and crown. Thai Mrs went ballistic and wants me to have an extraction. Any members with experience of this? Is the quote reasonable? Could the dentist's at our local hospital perform this work? Thanks in advance.

Seems to be the normal price.

Typical Thai thinking not to spend "so much of your own money" on something that has to be done.

The crowns are usually made somewhere else and all need to make some money. 

Next time you'd just go and get the next one extracted? 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

Seems to be the normal price.

Typical Thai thinking not to spend "so much of your own money" on something that has to be done.

The crowns are usually made somewhere else and all need to make some money. 

Next time you'd just go and get the next one extracted? 

Certainly don't want any extractions if can be avoided. Maybe have to put up with it until can go back to U.K. without restrictions. You're correct about the thinking of course. Mrs would never buy new tyres for her car (for example).

• Like 1