Dental work; root canal, post and crown.

The Fugitive

3 hours ago, baansgr said:

It's over the top expensive. I just had a lot of work done including 2 crowns...each 6k, no root canal required after xray but cost would have been 2k...so 8k in total...others in the same area are charging 12 k and 4k respectively, so similar to your quite. I can't praise my dentist enough...excellent work and, fluent English, and prefers to save teeth rather than extract and do implants.

I've neever had  a problem here with dentists suggesting the implant over a crown. However, they do outline the pros and cons. One tooth I had a post and corwn done - the dentist did tell me that there is not much tooth structure left, so they life of that tooth may be limited (she suggested 2 years; Im over a year in and it's stil good). At another dentist, I had pain in a tooth and he found bone loss. He said that tooth had only a 10 percent chance. So that tooth was extracted, and now doe to finish that implanted tooth this week. 

• Like 1

2 months ago had crown on  rear molar 8,000 baht. Done at a highly recommended dentist in Udon Thani. Have had 3 crowns done here in 10 years, and one extraction (800 baht, done in private hospital). The extraction was because the tooth split vertically. 

Have only had one crowned tooth fail and the crown lasted for over 30 years - just needed a root canal and replacement.

Don't know why, but every dentist i have seen in the last 10 years has been a woman - 3 Thai, one black British and 2 eastern European.

• Thanks 1