Were you a Mod..?

transam

Levi Staprests, Mohair suits, Ben Sherman’s, Crombie coats; Lambretta LI 150 or SX 200 (no Vespas, they were called ‘mobile hairdriers’ although to be fair the 200 was deadly fast) and yes, parkas; also the rabbit tail on the ariel...and if you hadn’t seen The Who live at the Marquee Club in Wardour St you hadn’t lived.  Mind you, I was a bit old for it all - had a job as a deck chair attendant on Brighton beach at the time..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bogbrush said:

Levi Staprests, Mohair suits, Ben Sherman’s, Crombie coats; Lambretta LI 150 or SX 200 (no Vespas, they were called ‘mobile hairdriers’ although to be fair the 200 was deadly fast) and yes, parkas; also the rabbit tail on the ariel...and if you hadn’t seen The Who live at the Marquee Club in Wardour St you hadn’t lived.  Mind you, I was a bit old for it all - had a job as a deck chair attendant on Brighton beach at the time..

I had a couple of mates who were in the merchant navy they at that time doing Manchester to North America I got my first pair of Levi's of them 1965 They got me a leather Levi jacket that was the dogs bollicks them days.

I started getting loads of records off them as they were going to Detroit and Philadelphia 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, transam said:

mods.jpg.f77aaa76441e5c5bb19db42105052f12.jpg

Was thinking today about those really fun days over half a century back. Were you one of the crowd that adored their Lambretta or Vespa...?  ????

No Trans, I was the exact opposite, more of what you would call a rocker, wore the black leather jacket, but never into rock music, mostly a country music fan.

1 hour ago, ChipButty said:

I had a couple of mates who were in the merchant navy they at that time doing Manchester to North America I got my first pair of Levi's of them 1965 They got me a leather Levi jacket that was the dogs bollicks them days.

I started getting loads of records off them as they were going to Detroit and Philadelphia 

Not easy to get there on a Merchant 'Navy' Marine boat.....

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Rimmer said:

Hung around the Ace Caf on the N Circular Road

23 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

I was a young deliquet biker got mixed with rockers at the Ace cafe

When I was young, my father told me that bikers used to play "chicken" at the brick railway arches spanning the North Circular at Stonebridge Park station. They would come down the road at high speed and brake at the last minute to see who could get closest to the arch. Sometimes with a fatal result. Sad. Wondering if either of you know anything about that ? Would have been around the mid 60s at a guess.  

12 minutes ago, Andy from Kent said:

I tossed my original Who album along with a few hundred other long play records.

I now listen to whatever I like on www.YouTube.com

Sure, but  I liked the booklet that came with it, and the story in it.

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

went to my old home town to visit my parents ,walking down the street people just stopped and stared at us London hippies.

1968 - driving cross country in USA - places like Wyoming we had to make sure our long hair was well tucked in to a baseball cap to avoid getting beat up by truckers... 

• Like 1