Foreign business leaders call on Thailand to end its ‘red tape’ madness

webfact

Paranoid is the correct word for all things in Thai Government that concern foreigners, they are frighten, they think the evil foreigners will take them for a ride and rip them off , they haven't heard of other governments that somehow don't require the red tape that Thai requires and somehow survive and prosper. Cambodia a few years back axed there restrictive mining act and adopted the West Australian version, now mining companies are interested in Cambodia, not that mining is interested in Thailand, not after the last lot of interference.   

• Like 1

Doubt much will come of this 'Guillotine Project', there are very good reasons for red tape and long winded processes - kerrching!!! everything OK now sir.

There will be a lot of resistance from 'interested' parties.

Edited by KhaoYai

20 hours ago, Jen65 said:

Hope it didn't take 26 months to get your personal effects released? Makes me a bit worried as my Container arrives end of this month. If you had and problems getting your Container released then would appreciate you extrapolating on problem(s) encountered. 

I believe from friends it has a lot to do with which port it comes through. Laem Chabang port is apparently bad. Others not so bad and maybe even reasonable.

Cheers

1 hour ago, Litlos said:

I believe from friends it has a lot to do with which port it comes through. Laem Chabang port is apparently bad. Others not so bad and maybe even reasonable.

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1192615-foreign-business-leaders-call-on-thailand-to-end-its-‘red-tape’-madness/?do=findComment&comment=16010957

The 5 cubic meter of my stuff in the container that was used to ship it from Belgium via Rotterdam harbour to Singapore and then to Thailand arrived in Laem Chabang, and was then moved to a warehouse in Lat Krabang before being delivered at my door up-country.

I was probably lucky that I had no customs issues at all (and none of the 75 boxes had been opened on delivery.

On 11/19/2020 at 10:10 AM, Peter Denis said:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1192615-foreign-business-leaders-call-on-thailand-to-end-its-‘red-tape’-madness/?do=findComment&comment=16010957

The 5 cubic meter of my stuff in the container that was used to ship it from Belgium via Rotterdam harbour to Singapore and then to Thailand arrived in Laem Chabang, and was then moved to a warehouse in Lat Krabang before being delivered at my door up-country.

I was probably lucky that I had no customs issues at all (and none of the 75 boxes had been opened on delivery.

hope I also get lucky !!

On 11/18/2020 at 1:22 PM, blackcab said:

There is some hope. The Thai passport office is highly computerised and incredibly efficient. No photocopies of any documents are required. Instead your original documents are electronically scanned in by the staff member. Digital photos, electronic fingerprints, iris scan and electronic signature.

Everything is highly optimised, with the minimum of everything required or produced. Passports arrive by EMS 2 days later.

If the passport office can do it for millions of customers each year from multiple offices around the country then it must be possible for other departments to follow suit.

Agree.  There are departments and processes which are extremely efficient.  Digital Work Permits for one.  Not a form or bit of paper to be seen.  Everything done online, then a 15 minute visit to the one stop centre for a photo (they take it}, a fingerprint scan and a digital signature.  A few minutes later you get an email with the code for your new WP.  Incredibly efficient.  And that needs cooperation between the BOI, the Ministry of Labour and the Immigration Department.

There is hope.

There are also many departments and processes which are a shambles.  The revenue department for example.  Try registering a company for VAT....

On 11/18/2020 at 1:22 PM, blackcab said:

There is some hope. The Thai passport office is highly computerised and incredibly efficient. No photocopies of any documents are required. Instead your original documents are electronically scanned in by the staff member. Digital photos, electronic fingerprints, iris scan and electronic signature.

Everything is highly optimised, with the minimum of everything required or produced. Passports arrive by EMS 2 days later.

If the passport office can do it for millions of customers each year from multiple offices around the country then it must be possible for other departments to follow suit.

Are you sure after 3 trips numerous copies of papers they already had in a folder on me including bank statements I finally got an extension on my retirement visa last Monday so no they are not all computerized 

On 11/18/2020 at 1:46 PM, Captor said:

He had to pay custom on that? As far as i have hear you must be a thai returnee back to Thailand in order to avoid the custom or tax. Not a foreinger. Is that wrong?

I had to pay a custom fee on my dog 

On 11/18/2020 at 12:24 PM, robertson468 said:

I have just returned from Koh Samui Immigration to renew my Retirement/Marriage Visa.  They did not like the photos we had taken and said they were not clear enough because we had printed them from our printer, despite being able to clearly see the people in the photos.  They said the paperwork produced by the Bank had to have the Bank's Stamp on every page, despite being printed on their headed paper and that I had to produce Bank books covering the whole period, despite the print out from the Bank covering from 2018, also did not like the size of the print of the Bank Statements.  The TM47 had been updated at the office, but the one on the website was the old one and was not accepted.  The only difference is that they had added email and telephone number.

if the authorities were more obsessed with the care of their citizens instead of generating a mountin of paper, I think people would be less prone to critisiing their uber beurocracy. 

Time for a coffee and relax methinks!

I went through the same BS new pictures of me in the house different rooms only thing different from last year was I'm a year older this time I included a picture of me and my dog the bank statement wasn't good enough the B***h at the immigration office kept adding things every time I back 

On 11/17/2020 at 5:15 PM, Justgrazing said:

Revolutionary eh .. any left over French Aristocracy processed by Le Guillotine unit .?

it's LA guillotine....  most harmful things have feminine gender in French.

even COVID changed official its gender to "la COVID"

Edited by tgw

1 hour ago, Mike k said:

Are you sure after 3 trips numerous copies of papers they already had in a folder on me including bank statements I finally got an extension on my retirement visa last Monday so no they are not all computerized 

As I mentioned in my post, the Thai passport office is highly computerised.

• Like 1