Is it legal to spray pesticides in living area?

I am living here in gated community, generally speaking there is a gated area with many houses and private park inside. The problem is they spray pesticides in that park on monthly basis, sometimes even more than one time per month. We have children, pregnant women and small dogs living there and walking in that park. With the amount of pesticide they use it is dangerous and not pleasant to walk there. It looks beautiful but smell like chemical factory quite often. I just do not like to live like that. What is the point to have a park if cannot use but need to avoid it. I've heard they tighten pesticide regulation in Thailand recently, so my question is it legal to use pesticides here in living community in town area?

Pesticides for what? Maybe they are fogging for mosquitoes to stop you all getting dengue? 

Did you ask? Surely there is an office in the community?

No mosquitoes up north. The rice straw smoke keeps them away.

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Like 2

You would need to establish what chemicals are  being used  before  any real concerns could be acted on. In a  gated  community  such information  should be not so difficult  to  find?

If in reality it is the  fogger smoke to eliminate  mosquito then despite the  common  complaint  of  bad smell it is  said to be relatively  harmless to   humans.

16 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Pesticides for what? Maybe they are fogging for mosquitoes to stop you all getting dengue? 

Did you ask? Surely there is an office in the community?

No mosquitoes up north. The rice straw smoke keeps them away.

I always get bitten in CM. Never in BKK.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MambaJamba said:

They use pesticides on trees, they say bugs, insects and diseases killing trees, so they need to use it to maintain park look good.

Tell them to use:  cut up onions left to cure in water for a month or so; add garlic pulp ; and spray the trees with that.

I never saw so many maggots and bugs abseiling the trees ????

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, tonray said:

Be thankful they are using your maintenance fees to improve the property rather than skimming them and buying lottery tickets

I was going to say the same lots of these moo bann's just get neglected and I shouldn't think there is any problem spraying the grounds we have pest control once a month at my house and they do inside and outside it smells for an hour or two after that it's ok, certainly keeps them away.

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 10:14 AM, ChipButty said:

I was going to say the same lots of these moo bann's just get neglected and I shouldn't think there is any problem spraying the grounds we have pest control once a month at my house and they do inside and outside it smells for an hour or two after that it's ok, certainly keeps them away.

I have a storage box outside for garden tools and I went in there today to grab the hedge clippers and one of those nasty monster roaches was scurrying about. Saturated the box and surrounding perimeter with pesticides.. It's the darn neighbors and their backyard kitchens..living like stone age humans instead of keeping their kitchen inside. I spray about once a month around the outside of the house, all cracks and drains..otherwise you'll be overrun. 

15 minutes ago, tonray said:

I have a storage box outside for garden tools and I went in there today to grab the hedge clippers and one of those nasty monster roaches was scurrying about. Saturated the box and surrounding perimeter with pesticides.. It's the darn neighbors and their backyard kitchens..living like stone age humans instead of keeping their kitchen inside. I spray about once a month around the outside of the house, all cracks and drains..otherwise you'll be overrun. 

It's not your neighbors, it's the tropics.....And their kitchens are outside because SOME farangs complain about the smell..... 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

It's not your neighbors, it's the tropics.....And their kitchens are outside because SOME farangs complain about the smell..... 

I'm the only farang in the Soi..and yeah I know..but leaving food residue out where it's accessible only encourages more of them...roaches that is not farangs..

7 minutes ago, tonray said:

I'm the only farang in the Soi..and yeah I know..but leaving food residue out where it's accessible only encourages more of them...roaches that is not farangs..

Agreed, maybe there are also cats and dogs, maybe ghosts, in the neighborhood to eat the rests.... I never said farang are roaches... Only option : move to Alaska. 5555555

51 minutes ago, jomtienisgood said:

Agreed, maybe there are also cats and dogs, maybe ghosts, in the neighborhood to eat the rests.... I never said farang are roaches... Only option : move to Alaska. 5555555

i'd prefer iceland...more blondes