FLR 6 months salary or visa duration

I guess the answer I am looking for will be on UKVI website during the application process. We are not at that point yet do don't want to start the application just yet. I have checked a few legal websites but nothing concrete is there.

My wife is in UK on a settlement visa. The application asked for my salary details for the past 6 months.

When it comes to FLR, is 6 months still acceptable or do we need to show £18600 annually for the duration she has been here on settlement, ie. 2.5 years?

Thanks for any info.

There are various options, depending on your financial situation. Basically you need to do for FLR exactly what you did for the visa application (that is, probably, calculate your annual salary from your previous 6 months salary ?)   But if your wife is working, then you can use both of your salaries. Or maybe you have some cash savings ?   If you did your own application for the visa, then the financial Appendix FM 1.7 tells you (in the Introduction) that the requirements are for the initial visa and for FLR.

32 minutes ago, Tony M said:

There are various options, depending on your financial situation. Basically you need to do for FLR exactly what you did for the visa application (that is, probably, calculate your annual salary from your previous 6 months salary ?)   But if your wife is working, then you can use both of your salaries. Or maybe you have some cash savings ?   If you did your own application for the visa, then the financial Appendix FM 1.7 tells you (in the Introduction) that the requirements are for the initial visa and for FLR.

Thank you.

Seems strange that only 6 months is required. I would have thought they would want to make sure we maintain that level of income throughout the 2.5 years.

It makes things easier as we may be moving and I may be out of work for a couple of months but not within the 6 months prior to my wife's next application is due.

If you've not already read it, click here for the appendix.

On 11/17/2020 at 2:28 PM, youreavinalaff said:

Seems strange that only 6 months is required. I would have thought they would want to make sure we maintain that level of income throughout the 2.5 years.

There is a lot about the financial requirement which makes absolutely no sense! Insisting on a minimum gross income whilst taking no account of outgoings and therefore available net income being the most obvious stupidity.

Archived