If I Share a Room in an ASQ Hotel with my Thai partner and son do I have to pay for them ?

Looking at ‘biting the bullet’ and applying for a COE, my Thai partner and son are currently in the U.K. with me. If they shared a room in an ASQ Hotel would I have to pay for them  ?
I believe Thais don’t have to pay for their quarantine, I have enquired at the Embassy but they didn’t reply.

9 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Looking at ‘biting the bullet’ and applying for a COE, my Thai partner and son are currently in the U.K. with me. If they shared a room in an ASQ Hotel would I have to pay for them  ?
I believe Thais don’t have to pay for their quarantine, I have enquired at the Embassy but they didn’t reply.

I believe if multiple family members share a room there is a fee for each person in ASQ, it's listed on each individual Hotel posting for ASQ. Thai nationals can travel to Thailand on repatriation flights and go to the State Run facilities for free but you can not go there with them. I'm not sure if your married since you said partner and am not sure how the Hotel regulations would deal with that as most hotels list that you must supply a marriage certificate. IF you have birth certificate showing parentage I would hope that would be enough but I think its the decision of the Hotel

1 minute ago, ThaIrish Sean said:

I have asked 6 ASQs if my Thai daughter has to pay to share the room, and the answer was yes although some offered a reduced rate.

The alternative would be for my partner and son to go through the process without me and for me to book an ASQ independently but that would mean leaving my partner to cope wit our very lively 5 year old on her own.

2 minutes ago, Dan O said:

I believe if multiple family members share a room there is a fee for each person in ASQ, it's listed on each individual Hotel posting for ASQ. Thai nationals can travel to Thailand on repatriation flights and go to the State Run facilities for free but you can not go there with them. I'm not sure if your married since you said partner and am not sure how the Hotel regulations would deal with that as most hotels list that you must supply a marriage certificate. IF you have birth certificate showing parentage I would hope that would be enough but I think its the decision of the Hotel

Unfortunately the cost would be prohibitive to pay for all 3 of us over ad above the cost of the air fares.

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

The alternative would be for my partner and son to go through the process without me and for me to book an ASQ independently but that would mean leaving my partner to cope wit our very lively 5 year old on her own.

Not married = can't share.

Government quarantine for Thai = SQ 

Self paid quarantine in specialized hotel = ASQ

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I received a reply from the Embassy last night, they sent a list of ASQ Hotels and said it was up to me to negotiate a price.

The regular prices, including those for extra occupants, are on their brochures, but so is the married rule.

Lol, are you for real? Firstly you are not married and you cannot share an ASQ room. Even if you could the rate would be for 3 people minus any discounts that the hotel would offer. Costs are for the hotel and the associated hospital.

Only 2 options for you

1. Fly together and book 2 separate ASQ rooms. You will not be allowed to mix together.

2. Book flight and ASQ for you. Book a Thai airways flight for your partner and son. They will then qualify for free State Quarantine.

Why am I not for real, Hotels are quite happy to  allow ‘guests’ some for free in their rooms so what’s the difference now. I have been cohabiting with my partner for over 6 years, we have currently been living in the same house in the U.K. since March and we would be travelling back as a family on the same flight.
Has Covid all of sudden made Thailand raise. their moral standards or is it just another way of ‘fleecing’ foreigners ?

The difference is the hospital fee is per person. They also provide you with 3 meals a day. Thais have to pay for ASQ, only the state quarantine is free. You cannot compare an ASQ to a normal hotel stay. They have a long list of requirements from the government that they need to respect.

1 minute ago, Olmate said:

Same reason it’s free for Thais...It’s a medical service which is free to Au citizens 

On march 19 or 20 Australia closed its borders/airports. Previously the au PM made big announcement for all Oz citizens to return to AU asap. Also nobody exit. 

In the next few weeks over 14000 citizens  idiots left Australia.

Stuff em. 

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

On march 19 or 20 Australia closed its borders/airports. Previously the au PM made big announcement for all Oz citizens to return to AU asap. Also nobody exit. 

In the next few weeks over 14000 citizens  idiots left Australia.

Stuff em. 

About the same time they let the Ruby Princess 1000,s off with no checks at all...yeah remember that.

Sad situation. but  costs have to cover all the tests and doctors care and daily meals and sheet changing  for each person.  And also they can charge what they want because not much competition.   It would be interesting to learn who owns the initial ASQ hotels?

17 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

There are few ASQ's who allow sharing with unmarried Thai partners.

Thai partner has to pay.

however rates can be negotiated and wont be 2 x passengers

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Why am I not for real, Hotels are quite happy to  allow ‘guests’ some for free in their rooms so what’s the difference now. I have been cohabiting with my partner for over 6 years, we have currently been living in the same house in the U.K. since March and we would be travelling back as a family on the same flight.
Has Covid all of sudden made Thailand raise. their moral standards or is it just another way of ‘fleecing’ foreigners ?

The government made up these rules and hasn't explained the reasoning behind them. People who aren't related can't choose to share an ASQ room, and yet the government was - at least initially - assigning strangers to share rooms in SQ. Go figure.

On 11/18/2020 at 5:04 AM, Jumbo1968 said:

Only for 14 days.

On 11/18/2020 at 5:02 AM, Dan O said:

If the guy is married then can he share the free Gov room?  Immigration did not know when I asked the local rural office here. 

20 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

You obviously are not aware of the Thai government rules for ASQ. If you are not married you can not share an ASQ hotel room period. It is not the hotel it is the rules. Try it I guarantee 100% you cant do it. I stand by my advice to you, it is correct based on months of experience advising people on the dedicated Facebook groups about returning to Thailand

14 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

There are few ASQ's who allow sharing with unmarried Thai partners.

Thai partner has to pay.

however rates can be negotiated and wont be 2 x passengers

You are wrong. Sharing an ASQ room if not married is not allowed by order of the Thai government. Where do you get this false info from?

Archived