precast posts with a base

brianthainess

What are those pre-cast concrete posts with a cast base and a cut out at the top called (in english please)? used mainly for building small out- house or garage, and how deep should they be concreted in the ground ? if say 3mt high. I tried to find an image to post but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

Edited by brianthainess

42 minutes ago, bankruatsteve said:

In English:  concrete post  In Thai phonetic:  sow concrete

Around here mostly used for fencing.  Dig hole up to 1m lay in concrete base and try to get the post vertical.

Not sure you are referring to the same posts. never seen them used for fencing. I am aware of sows but they call any upright concrete post a sow. Here is a bad not to scale sketch of what i mean. thanks for your input anyhow. They come in all lengths

IMG_1626.JPG.68d4bee303a44061a0271ff8959e4e2f.JPG 

6 hours ago, brianthainess said:

What are those pre-cast concrete posts with a cast base and a cut out at the top called (in english please)? used mainly for building small out- house or garage, and how deep should they be concreted in the ground ? if say 3mt high. I tried to find an image to post but to no avail. Thanks in advance.

About ¼ to 1/5 in the ground, less if you have a concrete base more if in earth. They are all called “sow” vast variety of base, top and reenforcement available