Thai Opening an Aussie Bank Account in Thailand

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does anyone know if a Thai can open an Australian bank account in Thailand? Thanks in advance.

Don't know if Oz  regulations would permit, but try HKBC,  they have branches in Oz and Thailand. Citibank may also be a path to check.

A TFN declaration form has been sent, but what that entails regarding the pension benefits is unknown at this stage.

There are no Aussie banks in Thailand as not allowed. Cambodia has the anz which has a branch in poi pet probably closest branch to Thailand. In Australia now you need proof as in an id of some sort. But in Australia. Vanuatu had a Westpac branch once. Can call poi pet branch and see what. They don't deal in Australia currency but.

20 hours ago, Haveasay said:

There are no Aussie banks in Thailand as not allowed. Cambodia has the anz which has a branch in poi pet probably closest branch to Thailand. In Australia now you need proof as in an id of some sort. But in Australia. Vanuatu had a Westpac branch once. Can call poi pet branch and see what. They don't deal in Australia currency but.

Thanks, but it's to claim Superannuation benefits, and they only pay into a bank account in Australia.

6 minutes ago, teacherofwoe said:

Thanks, but it's to claim Superannuation benefits, and they only pay into a bank account in Australia.

Prolly have to go to Aus then if an ANZ account opened in Poi Pet does not meet the requirements.

Don't know if Oz  regulations would permit, but try HKBC,  they have branches in Oz and Thailand. Citibank may also be a path to check.

Edited by simple1
  • Confused 1
6 minutes ago, simple1 said:

HSBC?

2 hours ago, teacherofwoe said:

If she doesn't provide a TFN, won't the the superannuation be taxed at 47%?

Edited by Will27
39 minutes ago, Will27 said:

If she doesn't provide a TFN, won't the the superannuation be taxed at 47%?

I believe a Thai wife can apply for a TFN (with help!) on line.

I recall another member stating he did it for his lady.

16 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

I believe a Thai wife can apply for a TFN (with help!) on line.

I recall another member stating he did it for his lady.

I'm pretty sure you can only apply online if you're in Australia.

30 minutes ago, teacherofwoe said:

I've been sent a TFN form and other documents. The problem is the bank account.

Has she got a TFN though?