Meet requirements for single entry tourist visa, application still sent back

I applied for the single entry tourist visa from the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles on November 12th through the electronic application system for visa and COE. I purchased insurance, booked my flight, purchased ASQ, uploaded the photographs, etc and uploaded everything.

I inquired from the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington DC if I may meet the financial requirement across two bank accounts. They replied.

"Submitting multiple bank statements will suffice, so long as the amount meets our requirements for entry. With regards to flights into Thailand, there are two types: repatriation flight and semi-commercial flights. You can read more about it here (scroll down 1/4 page): https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/"

Best,
Visa Section
Consular Office,
Royal Thai Embassy,
2300 Kalorama Rd., N. W.,
Washington, DC 20008.
E-mail - [email protected]"

I therefore uploaded detailed bank statements for two accounts with a total in excess of the required $17,000 for each of the last six months. However, I received a message that I do not meet the financial requirements. I reorganized the statements, wrote an index, tried different labels, combined the different statements by month for each bank, etc. They keep telling me I don't meet the financial requirements. 

It is a very frustrating situation. If they don't issue a visa in time I stand to lose my flight booking, ASQ, insurance, etc. I have started CC'ing the embassy in my replies. 

Has anyone managed to get this visa? Is there some special way you packaged together your bank statements?

26 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Maybe, you can circumvent the Los Angeles consulate. Do you have relatives/friends with an address within the coverage area of the Washington embassy you could use for the application?

Think he may have to be careful about that on online application page it says.

8E23036F-EB6F-4405-9E9B-8CC2224DFC30.jpeg.1bd7173ce15a0901cfc714bc161b5672.jpeg

15 hours ago, BudRight said:

I applied for the single entry tourist visa from the Thai Consulate in Los Angeles on November 12th through the electronic application system for visa and COE. I purchased insurance, booked my flight, purchased ASQ, uploaded the photographs, etc and uploaded everything.

I inquired from the Royal Thai Embassy in Washington DC if I may meet the financial requirement across two bank accounts. They replied.

"Submitting multiple bank statements will suffice, so long as the amount meets our requirements for entry. With regards to flights into Thailand, there are two types: repatriation flight and semi-commercial flights. You can read more about it here (scroll down 1/4 page): https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/"

Best,
Visa Section
Consular Office,
Royal Thai Embassy,
2300 Kalorama Rd., N. W.,
Washington, DC 20008.
E-mail - [email protected]"

I therefore uploaded detailed bank statements for two accounts with a total in excess of the required $17,000 for each of the last six months. However, I received a message that I do not meet the financial requirements. I reorganized the statements, wrote an index, tried different labels, combined the different statements by month for each bank, etc. They keep telling me I don't meet the financial requirements. 

It is a very frustrating situation. If they don't issue a visa in time I stand to lose my flight booking, ASQ, insurance, etc. I have started CC'ing the embassy in my replies. 

Has anyone managed to get this visa? Is there some special way you packaged together your bank statements?

Re- check the website to see if financial requirements have changed .The financial requirements have changed for London Thai embassy.

5 hours ago, Hmunker said:

Re- check the website to see if financial requirements have changed .The financial requirements have changed for London Thai embassy.

They have changed them.

Now only $700 in the bank is needed to meet the standard 20k baht requirement for visas.

The LA consulate are now only requiring to show 20,000 baht in bank  and not for 6 months now for STV.    

It does look like it. 

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

But I still don't see how I get test results 72 hours before  a flight?  I had a test 9 days ago on a Tuesday.  Results not until Friday.   A buddy  took test on wed and got results  on Monday.    Is it  required 72  hours before a person begins travel even if a domestic US flight?  

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They have changed them.

Now only $700 in the bank is needed to meet the standard 20k baht requirement for visas.

in new zealand they need 27000nz dollars i got turned down and in europe is 15000euro for 6 months for 60 day tourist visa

3 minutes ago, mikecha said:

in new zealand they need 27000nz dollars i got turned down and in europe is 15000euro for 6 months for 60 day tourist visa

Check the Embassy again; it's just being updated around the world from the looks of it. Oz down to 20K Bht now.

16 minutes ago, rosst said:

@Ubon Joe, I am an Aussie in the Philippines, can I apply for the visa from the Philippines?

I can't afford the hotel quarantine in OZ? 

I assume they would since they had not restrictions on issuing them before to those from other countries than the Philippines.

I could not find any new info on their website. I suggest you contact them about it. 

https://www.thaiembassymnl.ph/index.php/en/

Of course 700 USD is nothing compared to flight$ and ASQ$ plus  fit to  fly.    Why some so stupid.  Its always been 20,000 even for show up and get TV but they never checked most people.    

Anyone have a total for all  costs from USA.   Long absence is straining our relationship to its limit. 

8 hours ago, daviddunham said:

It's thai holiday thursday AND friday, so you will not get a response until monday

Not sure it is a holiday at the embassy and consulates. Not shown on their holiday list and not announcement on the embassy or LA consulate website.

9 hours ago, Elkski said:

Anyone have a total for all  costs from USA.   Long absence is straining our relationship to its limit. 

If needed it will be the fee for the visa you apply plus postage to where you are applying and the return of your passport. No fee for certificate of entry.

Covid 19 test dependent upon where you get it done. and a fit to fly certificate.

Cost of flights and the ASQ hotel you choose.

10 hours ago, daviddunham said:

Got it. 0 hickups

Also, as of some days ago they updated the terms so you only need a few hundred USD for the visa. Best check with the embassy when they "take on" the new terms

Great news, so SETV is fully back again.

Goodbye STV (if it was ever a real thing).

What is  a fit to fly?    Needed from my doctor?  No time  limit before travel?  

I thought someone could tell me minimal cost for  ASQ? Any reports on how the lower price places are for food and noise, comfort, etc. 

Why the need to show  booking for entire  stay?   What if I stay with friends or gf family?  I guess this precludes using  air bnb? 

5 hours ago, Elkski said:

What is  a fit to fly?    Needed from my doctor?  No time  limit before travel?  

I thought someone could tell me minimal cost for  ASQ? Any reports on how the lower price places are for food and noise, comfort, etc. 

Why the need to show  booking for entire  stay?   What if I stay with friends or gf family?  I guess this precludes using  air bnb? 

About everything you need to know is here on the DC embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/visas/ 

Also in the link for the FAQ on near the top of the page.

Specifics for the tourist visa is here. https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/

Archived