Afrershave in Jomtien?

YorkshireTyke

I'm visiting Jomtien at the weekend after one year.

What's the closest place to buy branded after shave, Hugo Boss etc?

I presume it will be Pattaya but I don't fancy the drive this weekend as I guess it will be traffic gridlock with visiting Thais.

Where I live no shops sell so I have to travel to BKK.

4 hours ago, YorkshireTyke said:

I presume it will be Pattaya but I don't fancy the drive this weekend as I guess it will be traffic gridlock with visiting Thais.

There will surely not be a 24h gridlock. Who disagrees?

Drive in the morning to arrive for opening hours at the malls.

When do you arrive, when do you leave?

You drive by car?

Afraid of using a motorbike(taxi)?

I wouldn't take a chance and visit Central on beach rd.

I doubt they would be brazen enough to sell copies (like 5500 Baht for some Dior J'Adore womens eau de perfume).

As far as I know they only sell genuine products..You can also look in Watsons and Boots the Chemists  but they are in Pattaya "proper"     Central Festival the beach  is quite easy to get to  these days without the hoards of tourists   even on the long weekends the roads in Pattaya are  quite clear of traffic,  seems the Thais like to go to Jomtien instead.

• Like 1

Any of the big malls really. Central Festival, Central Marina, Terminal 21.

They should all have shops selling colognes and aftershaves or have a selection in the main store (Tops or whatever). Stick to the "big box" stores, less likely to be selling fake merchandise than the little kiosks scattered around the malls.
Some higher end stuff may be inside locked cabinets. Check in the area around where they sell women's cosmetics/toiletry items (like shampoos, toothpaste, ect). 

On 11/18/2020 at 3:32 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I wouldn't take a chance and visit Central on beach rd.

I agree, get up and visit a Pattaya Mall as I suspect it will be the best bet, there or T21. I think Central opens quite late 11am maybe... take a baht bus there and back.... 

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 3:32 PM, johng said:

As far as I know they only sell genuine products..You can also look in Watsons and Boots the Chemists  but they are in Pattaya "proper"     Central Festival the beach  is quite easy to get to  these days without the hoards of tourists   even on the long weekends the roads in Pattaya are  quite clear of traffic,  seems the Thais like to go to Jomtien instead.

It took someone i know 2 hours to get out of the Central car park on to 2nd rd the last long weekend so i'm not sure i'd agree with your statement.

5 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

2 hours to get out of the Central car park on to 2nd rd the last long weekend

The longest it ever took me was 1 hour and that was on a "super long" weekend before the "covidiocy" / Wuflu

hit when there where millions of overseas tourist's as well as the Bangkokian hoards clocking up the roads.

So as it happened  I went to Central Festival Pattaya Beach this Sunday ( long weekend)   traffic  was light. no problem at all getting out of the car park...Jomtien beach was busier.

nice tree   didn't look for aftershave ????

P_20201122_111814.thumb.jpg.860fb95eef32a486d37329c70814dc9c.jpg

19 hours ago, johng said:

So as it happened  I went to Central Festival Pattaya Beach this Sunday ( long weekend)   traffic  was light. no problem at all getting out of the car park...Jomtien beach was busier.

nice tree   didn't look for aftershave

Traffic on 3rd Rd heading towards Klang from Tai side was backed up past Lengkee early afternoon Sunday, doesn't fill me with confidence for this coming weekend and the fireworks. Pattaya is rubbish for traffic , and no effort seems to be ever  made to improve things, parking on main roads in and out, loading and unloading, and for the example above, likely the construction of a building at the Klang and 3rd corner and their vehicles allowed to block lanes. I didn't get to see it again as I cut through Bong Koch and Arunothai.