Groin protection with wetsuit

tjansen

I am using my first ever wetsuit for swimming in a pool. It is tight in the crotch and tends to 'displace' the nuts up into the groin, especially when it is cold. I am thinking a groin protector cup would help. Any suggestions or ideas would be useful.

The material of the wetsuit is 90% neoprene, 10% nylon. I have seen suggestions to alter the suit with neoprene and glue and don't know how that would work.

I live in Ratchaburi Province and would like to know the best source for any suggestions, e.g.

-Exactly what cup would be recommended. There is a very large selection on the internet. I think if I could get one by mail within Thailand it would be good, but only if someone could recommend a good choice.

-If modifying the suit is recommended, where would I get the materials and any guidelines to use.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated. I am kind of counting on the wetsuit for continuing to swim in an outdoor pool during cold season. My body becomes a bit stressed after 30-45 minutes of swimming in cold water.

Thanks a lot, in advance, for any ideas.

Tom

7 hours ago, polpott said:

A cold pool in Thailand? Never in my experience, always too warm for me.

Failing that, cut a hole in the wetsuit and let your nuts hang free.

Wherever you may be...let your nuts hang free...crushed nuts not recommended :clap2:

• 1 month later...

If you need to keep your nuts in place, get a soft "Athletic supporter". If your suit is tight enough to displace your nuts, and you put a hard cup ( which are designed to protect you from blows to the groin like in boxing or hockey or American football) inside a tight neoprene suit it will stand out like a turd in a punchbowl and people will stare at you and not in a good way... like stuffing a potato in the front of your speedos. People are gonna take one look and RUN!

Go the soft route. Also, as someone who's worn hard cups a lot in different sports, you're not going to be happy trying to swim with a cup on. 

Edited by Mai mee