Mtt and Jomtien covid visa

Had a fun few days at different immigration's.  Am Australian and it is very difficult to get flights home. Had an expired non o me and had used 60 day extension at Jomtien. Was hoping to get  60 days and didn't mind a trip to BKK so went to a hotel in BKK. They promised they would report me to immigration but would not give me a screen shot of the report. Next day was in no hurry so went to Mo Chit bts. If you cross to the park side where the airport buses leave there are vans. I caught for 25 baht to Pal Kret. The driver was very helpful. I just showed her Thinderdome the sports field and where she left me there were Win drivers  They knew where I was going without asking and took me there for 40b. On arrival I was dropped at the 90 day reporting building. It had a sign saying tourist visa renewal but when I asked they sent me to the other building. There outside she saw my Chonburi stamp and would not let me enter. She was very harsh and there were some Lao people who she seemed to be very rude to and not letting in. She sent me back to where I started to do a TM 30. The girl giving out the forms did not want to give them to me because I was from  Chonburi  but I politely persisted saying I was now a tourist and  on my way to a holiday in Phuket so could not go to Chonburi. After a while she gave me but kept saying I needed a form filled out by the hotel not an online report. At the tm30 desk It  seemed it would have all been ok but a few months back I had received a new passport and even though I had registered it at Chonburi and done a tm30 the system is not programmed for new passports. My departure card was set to the old passport and no matter how many times I am reported for tm30 online because it does not match the passport number on the departure card it will not work. He showed me the screen and it just came up with my old report and passport number.  Maybe the hotel lied but they seemed genuine and it did not have my tm30 report at the Jomtien office with the new passport.  Was not very happy so walked to the main road where I had caught the Win. The same driver arrived and took me back to Mo Chit.

I returned to Jomtien today and after filling out copious forms I was given an under consideration stamp for 12th Dec at counter 1 for 1900b. (My current stay expires 21st November) . She told my wife to come back then and they will stamp me till 30th December. She talked to my wife mainly  but seemed quite friendly. She said by then hopefully they will have heard from the Government about what to do next. Therefore I will have been given  either 43 days if it is dated from today or 40 days if it is dated from the day my 60 day family extension ended. I am not sure how they work out these lengths of time.  At least it is better than the 30 days I expected. Both offices were quiet. I think a lot of people have left since the amnesty ended. In the morning the "kind " lady who does the family 60 day extensions at Chonburi was sitting doing nothing. I was in and out in about 30 minutes mainly spent filling out forms.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:55 AM, Wongkitlo said:

Had a fun few days at different immigration's.  Am Australian and it is very difficult to get flights home. Had an expired non o me and had used 60 day extension at Jomtien. Was hoping to get  60 days and didn't mind a trip to BKK so went to a hotel in BKK. They promised they would report me to immigration but would not give me a screen shot of the report. Next day was in no hurry so went to Mo Chit bts. If you cross to the park side where the airport buses leave there are vans. I caught for 25 baht to Pal Kret. The driver was very helpful. I just showed her Thinderdome the sports field and where she left me there were Win drivers  They knew where I was going without asking and took me there for 40b. On arrival I was dropped at the 90 day reporting building. It had a sign saying tourist visa renewal but when I asked they sent me to the other building. There outside she saw my Chonburi stamp and would not let me enter. She was very harsh and there were some Lao people who she seemed to be very rude to and not letting in. She sent me back to where I started to do a TM 30. The girl giving out the forms did not want to give them to me because I was from  Chonburi  but I politely persisted saying I was now a tourist and  on my way to a holiday in Phuket so could not go to Chonburi. After a while she gave me but kept saying I needed a form filled out by the hotel not an online report. At the tm30 desk It  seemed it would have all been ok but a few months back I had received a new passport and even though I had registered it at Chonburi and done a tm30 the system is not programmed for new passports. My departure card was set to the old passport and no matter how many times I am reported for tm30 online because it does not match the passport number on the departure card it will not work. He showed me the screen and it just came up with my old report and passport number.  Maybe the hotel lied but they seemed genuine and it did not have my tm30 report at the Jomtien office with the new passport.  Was not very happy so walked to the main road where I had caught the Win. The same driver arrived and took me back to Mo Chit.

I returned to Jomtien today and after filling out copious forms I was given an under consideration stamp for 12th Dec at counter 1 for 1900b. (My current stay expires 21st November) . She told my wife to come back then and they will stamp me till 30th December. She talked to my wife mainly  but seemed quite friendly. She said by then hopefully they will have heard from the Government about what to do next. Therefore I will have been given  either 43 days if it is dated from today or 40 days if it is dated from the day my 60 day family extension ended. I am not sure how they work out these lengths of time.  At least it is better than the 30 days I expected. Both offices were quiet. I think a lot of people have left since the amnesty ended. In the morning the "kind " lady who does the family 60 day extensions at Chonburi was sitting doing nothing. I was in and out in about 30 minutes mainly spent filling out forms.

In the same situation I was smart enough to ignore the BS posted everywhere saying that BKK was easier and I also got it easily at Jomtien.

Why going to BKK at first ? Doesn't seem so smart.

22 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

In the same situation I was smart enough to ignore the BS posted everywhere saying that BKK was easier and I also got it easily at Jomtien.

Why going to BKK at first ? Doesn't seem so smart.

Mtt is giving 60 days, Jomtien is giving 40 days. Are you suggesting  it  is better to pay 1900b for 40 days  than pay 1900b  for 60 days?

2 hours ago, Wongkitlo said:

Mtt is giving 60 days, Jomtien is giving 40 days. Are you suggesting  it  is better to pay 1900b for 40 days  than pay 1900b  for 60 days?

As life taught you champion, I was right for not being greedy and cry for 20 more days, because not enough you didn't get more than me, but you also had to go to BKK and be treated like you deserve by immigration there...

15 minutes ago, scoupeo said:

As life taught you champion, I was right for not being greedy and cry for 20 more days, because not enough you didn't get more than me, but you also had to go to BKK and be treated like you deserve by immigration there...

Yes had a terrible night on Soi 4 Nana and Nana Plaza. They really treated me like I wish I deserved. Lord help us from such punishment. It is so hard to have 3 people in a hotel bed.

Is MTT causing problems like this for people who have always been on a tourist visa and have just checked into a hotel in Bangkok after doing their last extension in a different province? Is it the fact Wongkitlo had an expired Non-0 and/or that he had a new passport that caused a problem? 

8 minutes ago, trappedinasia said:

Is MTT causing problems like this for people who have always been on a tourist visa and have just checked into a hotel in Bangkok after doing their last extension in a different province? Is it the fact Wongkitlo had an expired Non-0 and/or that he had a new passport that caused a problem? 

Yes Im pretty sure it was the new  passport was the problem. He showed me the screen and there was just no entry. Maybe the hotel lied and didn't report me but I'm pretty sure I had done a Tm30 at Jomtien in person with the new passport number and there was just no record of my new passport. I went to the bank to get a new ATM card a few weeks back and I think she had a similar problem. The system is locked to the tm6 number you get when you arrive and the passport number associated with it. Until I leave and return with a new tm6 number I'll have the same problem.  I don't think the expired non o was a problem. I read someone else was refused at MTT because of  TM30. The women at the entrance to the extensions building was very questionable.

Archived