Solitaire fundamentals and tactics

Kenny202

Been playing solitaire on my phone now for over 5 years and never seem to get near the best possible score. Always finish about 10 moves behind, some times a lot more.

I don't know what more I can do? I understand or think I understand the object is to get the cards out of the pack or table cards up to the foundation until finished. I move cards, or rows around on the "table" or out of the pack and onto the table or foundation as is possible.

Should I be moving cards out of the pack down to the table to build the rows until it is possible to move them to the foundation or not?

For eg if I have a red 5 on the table and get a black 4 from the pack I will move it down onto the red 5, unless I can put it directly on the foundation finished piles.

Generally as soon as I get an opportunity to move a card from the pack to the table or the table to the foundation I do.

The version I play you select one card at a time from the pack. I always avoid going to the pack if possible.

Just feel I am missing something fundamental as I am making a few too many moves.

3 replies, 2 from blokes with nothing better to do than snipe at people for not having a life, when they themselves have so little of a life they have to troll through forums making negative remarks of no value, spreading your misery throughout the world. I wonder if you keyboard warriors would be game to walk through Makro or Big C giving your free advice face to face? You'd be on the receiving end of a smack in the mouth wouldn't you? 

I wish TV would give an automatic 1 month ban to people like you. Would make the forum a nice happy place again.   

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

I play Classic Solitaire "Klondike" off and on all day. It keeps my hand(s) busy so that I don't eat. (Works mostly). I think you're either playing Spider or FreeCell, but I am no help to you as I haven't played them in over a year and then only sparingly. I'm purely into 'mindless' activity. ???? (I've a win percentage of 14.)????

• Haha 1

I think it is either freecell or Klondike. Standard solitaire. Draw one card at a time. Build your table under 7 rows, and foundation at the top. Four rows of the four suits. Object to move all cards to the top foundation until done

20 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

3 replies, 2 from blokes with nothing better to do than snipe at people for not having a life, when they themselves have so little of a life they have to troll through forums making negative remarks of no value, spreading your misery throughout the world. I wonder if you keyboard warriors would be game to walk through Makro or Big C giving your free advice face to face? You'd be on the receiving end of a smack in the mouth wouldn't you? 

I wish TV would give an automatic 1 month ban to people like you. Would make the forum a nice happy place again.   

Would make the forum a nice happy place again.   

"Again" implies it used to be a nice happy place. Perhaps you can inform us when that utopia existed?

I've been on TVF for a very long time and it used to be fun to post on it, but I don't recall it ever being a nice happy place. It was actually known for being a place where the grumpies dwell.

• Haha 1

On 11/18/2020 at 2:09 PM, Kenny202 said:

Been playing solitaire on my phone now for over 5 years and never seem to get near the best possible score. Always finish about 10 moves behind, some times a lot more.

I don't know what more I can do? I understand or think I understand the object is to get the cards out of the pack or table cards up to the foundation until finished. I move cards, or rows around on the "table" or out of the pack and onto the table or foundation as is possible.

Should I be moving cards out of the pack down to the table to build the rows until it is possible to move them to the foundation or not?

For eg if I have a red 5 on the table and get a black 4 from the pack I will move it down onto the red 5, unless I can put it directly on the foundation finished piles.

Generally as soon as I get an opportunity to move a card from the pack to the table or the table to the foundation I do.

The version I play you select one card at a time from the pack. I always avoid going to the pack if possible.

Just feel I am missing something fundamental as I am making a few too many moves.

Change phone..... 55555

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Would make the forum a nice happy place again.   

"Again" implies it used to be a nice happy place. Perhaps you can inform us when that utopia existed?

I've been on TVF for a very long time and it used to be fun to post on it, but I don't recall it ever being a nice happy place. It was actually known for being a place where the grumpies dwell.

I totally agree... Many much more places to be. 555555, In addition I would say: Old cheap charlie undersexed grumpies.

On 11/19/2020 at 11:50 AM, Kenny202 said:

Pots and kettles. Some people are interested in things we’re not.  Luckily paint-drying has its own thread in the DIY forum