Wireless Speakers

jingjai9

Does anyone on this forum have experience buying and using wireless speakers with a PC? I want speakers that have good sound quality and are convenient to use. Also, I am not sure which is better, Wifi wireless or Blue Tooth. When I check online it seems as though many of the good brand names are not available in Thailand. My research tells me that you should expect to experience lower sound quality with wireless as compared to traditional wired speakers. 

Anything to share? I have been happy with feedback I received from this forum in the past.

JBL   (Harman Kardon) are pretty good,I use a JBL Extreme but not for you if you don't like Bass.Anything under the extreme will suffice (and you can also pair as many speakers you have up }

I have Bose Soundlink Revolve, which sound superb but are a real pain in the rectum to initiate via B'tooth. On a single speaker, sound is impressive but when I bought a second, I was amazed at [mainly classical] music I know well.

Once paired and playing, it's worth the effort for the convenience of wireless.

Sound quality is of course linked to how the PC is equipped, and a bog-standard card won't give you the best no matter what the speakers. Good android apps are better.

If you are thinking about just music and you already have an amp or maybe a decent set of speakers - if  you don’t fancy laying out an decent set of active speakers then you can install shairplay or a music server such as Volumio on a raspberry pi to get a decent sound you need a soundcard / external DAC + HAT. Worth looking into.