Any chance of travelling from the UK any time soon?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 22/01/2021 at 10:46 AM, SeasiderUK said:

I’m going to go through this process soon myself with 60 day Tourist visa

it looks like leaving UK went smoothly, any questions about reason for travel?

There will be from today.You will need a valid reason to leave the UK and will face interrogation at the airport.good luck.

20 minutes ago, adammike said:

There will be from today.You will need a valid reason to leave the UK and will face interrogation at the airport.good luck.

I am going out to apply for work and relocate to live with my partner who is already living there and is working there, since august 20202. I have begun applying for jobs to get a work permit. Not sure how much more proof I can give that I am not going for a holiday. 

The measures announced today include:

For those wishing to travel out of the UK

• declaring reason for travel: anyone who does not have a valid reason for travel will be directed to return home and may face a fine - the reason for travel will be checked
  • increased police enforcement: there will be an increased police presence at ports and airports, fining those in breach of the stay at home regulations - anyone without valid reason for travel will be directed to return home and may face a fine
  • reviewing travel exemptions: the list of travel exemptions will be urgently reviewed so that only the most important and exceptional reasons are included

I will wait and see as I haven’t started visa/coe process yet.

Fingers crossed for you, hope it works out

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone that is looking to travel over in the future but I've just added some more detail on the requirements for the different stages you have to go through and what I did. Hopefully it will be helpful to someone as the info on different websites is not always so clear

Visa

• Applying for the visa is quite straightforward using this website https://thaievisa.go.th/
  • One thing to make sure of is that when you've submitted that you go to the 'check status' page and make the payment to then be able to send off your passport to the embassy
  • I used payslips as proof of income 
  • As I am staying with a partner, they drafted a letter of invitation for me. There are plenty of examples of letters which can be used online if you search

Certificate of entry

• Full details on COE can be found on the embassy website https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072de
  • Once you have your visa, you can then complete your certificate of entry application online 
  • Fill in the application form as instructed, you don't need to have your quarantine hotel booked at this stage. I waited until after the COE had been approved
  • For insurance, I used Safetywing Nomad Insurance https://safetywing.com/
    • Make sure to select the correct date range to cover the period you are travelling for. There are online advisors that can help you with that
    • You'll also need a document which clearly shows the level of cover and that it covers COVID 19. To do this, you need to log into a separate portal and download a visa letter. If you speak to one of the online advisors, they will give you link and registration instructions. Print this off.
  • Once approved, you'll then need to upload some additional details including your flight and ASQ hotel details. I found mine by using https://thaiest.com/blog/list-of-alternative-state-quarantine-asq-hotels-thailand
    • You send an enquiry and then receive an invite letter form the hotel and can book from them
    • Make sure you keep a copy of the booking confirmation as you'll need to print a copy of this for entry into the country
  • You'll also need to download, print and fill in a copy of the T8 declaration form
  • For fit to fly health certificate and negative covid test, it's really important that these are TWO SEPARATE DOCUMENTS. I used medicspot who send an email with the negative covid test result and then an attachment of the fit to fly health certificate 

Anyway, hope this helps a little bit. If anyone has any more questions, feel free to ask.

•  

23 hours ago, AlexfromManchester said:

Not sure if this is helpful to anyone that is looking to travel over in the future but I've just added some more detail on the requirements for the different stages you have to go through and what I did. Hopefully it will be helpful to someone as the info on different websites is not always so clear

Visa

• Applying for the visa is quite straightforward using this website https://thaievisa.go.th/
  • One thing to make sure of is that when you've submitted that you go to the 'check status' page and make the payment to then be able to send off your passport to the embassy
  • I used payslips as proof of income 
  • As I am staying with a partner, they drafted a letter of invitation for me. There are plenty of examples of letters which can be used online if you search

Certificate of entry

• Full details on COE can be found on the embassy website https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/application-for-certificate-of-entry-to-thailand-for-non-thai-nationa?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072de
  • Once you have your visa, you can then complete your certificate of entry application online 
  • Fill in the application form as instructed, you don't need to have your quarantine hotel booked at this stage. I waited until after the COE had been approved
  • For insurance, I used Safetywing Nomad Insurance https://safetywing.com/
    • Make sure to select the correct date range to cover the period you are travelling for. There are online advisors that can help you with that
    • You'll also need a document which clearly shows the level of cover and that it covers COVID 19. To do this, you need to log into a separate portal and download a visa letter. If you speak to one of the online advisors, they will give you link and registration instructions. Print this off.
  • Once approved, you'll then need to upload some additional details including your flight and ASQ hotel details. I found mine by using https://thaiest.com/blog/list-of-alternative-state-quarantine-asq-hotels-thailand
    • You send an enquiry and then receive an invite letter form the hotel and can book from them
    • Make sure you keep a copy of the booking confirmation as you'll need to print a copy of this for entry into the country
  • You'll also need to download, print and fill in a copy of the T8 declaration form
  • For fit to fly health certificate and negative covid test, it's really important that these are TWO SEPARATE DOCUMENTS. I used medicspot who send an email with the negative covid test result and then an attachment of the fit to fly health certificate 

Anyway, hope this helps a little bit. If anyone has any more questions, feel free to ask.

•  

Thanks Alex, very helpful

I just bumped into someone that arrived about 2-3 weeks ago from UK.  A woman in her late 20s or early 30s and entered on a non-B.  I want to say she will be a teacher (I can reach out and get definitive answer as to who sponsored her non-B). 

Said the process was straightforward.  Visa, insurance, covid-19 test, airplane ticket.

Airplane was very empty.  Was like 1 person per 6-8 seats or something like that.    I think the airfare was fairly cheap 600quid.  I can double-check this.

Swampy was empty, but it didn't matter because the airport staff shuttle you directly from the airplane to the taxi to go to the quarantine hotel.  Two weeks there, and then you are free to travel onwards (barring any sudden provincial restrictions).

@AlexfromManchester can you detail more about the airfare price, seating conditions, and quarantine conditions once you were in Thailand?   Was it 1-way round-trip ticket?

Archived