Huge price differences for old and new condominiums. Why?

Properties in Thailand in general loose in value after being sold from the developer to the first consumer buyer its like the value of a car the older it gets the lower the price..So whatever property u will buy here the value will only move downwards after u own it. Its not like in Europe where properties will gain steadily in value year after year...

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, TheFishman1 said:

But I would recommend get a crystal ball to see into the future but on a serious note why don’t you ask an expert in real estate and see what they would say I have no clue if any expert in real estate could tell you what is going to be possible in 10 years you post a lot of posting the question you asked just seems unbelievable but I guess asking all the experts on this visa is a great thing to do must get great advice like how long does a piece of string 10 years in the future what would the interest-rate be TIT 

Sometimes there are interesting answers on TV. People have different experiences and they write about it. Great.

Sure, I can ask a real estate agent or two. But will he tell me the truth? Or is it more likely that I will get an answer like: Don't worry, I handle that, no problem. It won't take long.

The agent has his own agenda and I can't blame him because that is his business. 

1 hour ago, Destiny1990 said:

Properties in Thailand in general loose in value after being sold from the developer to the first consumer buyer its like the value of a car the older it gets the lower the price..So whatever property u will buy here the value will only move downwards after u own it. Its not like in Europe where properties will gain steadily in value year after year...

That is definitely incorrect.

Look at property sell pages with statistics over the last years. Also the prices in the older buildings (i.e. 20 year old building) go up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is definitely incorrect.

Look at property sell pages with statistics over the last years. Also the prices in the older buildings (i.e. 20 year old building) go up.

There is very very seldom a capital appreciation on real estate in Thailand... Very lucky if can get back ur initial investment after paying taxes and agent-fees . But believe whatever fake statistics you want.... I know the REALITY !!

• Confused 1

Older condos are better value, designs can be questionable I.e. Big studios. New condos seem have a better use of space I.e. one bedrooms the same M² as older studios. Just need to check the condo out to ensure it's not run down and it hasn't been ruined by erections building on the balconies

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Older condos are better value, designs can be questionable I.e. Big studios. New condos seem have a better use of space I.e. one bedrooms the same M² as older studios. Just need to check the condo out to ensure it's not run down and it hasn't been ruined by erections building on the balconies

It's funny that you mention big studios compared to 1bedroom on 40 sqm. I like the idea about a BIG studio. I looked on the internet about designs and design idea and one of the pages I found was this one:

http://www.futurahomedecorating.com/home-decorating-styles/studio-apartment-floor-plans/

Lots of small places with everything squeezed together - definitely not what I want. But at the end of that list with 50 examples they have two floor plans which they call loge suite. That's something I like. Now I have to work out if I can afford it.

studio-apartment-floor-plans-50.jpg.27f16436948cfa2f521be1c4429bbf68.jpg

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's funny that you mention big studios compared to 1bedroom on 40 sqm. I like the idea about a BIG studio. I looked on the internet about designs and design idea and one of the pages I found was this one:

http://www.futurahomedecorating.com/home-decorating-styles/studio-apartment-floor-plans/

Lots of small places with everything squeezed together - definitely not what I want. But at the end of that list with 50 examples they have two floor plans which they call loge suite. That's something I like. Now I have to work out if I can afford it.

studio-apartment-floor-plans-50.jpg.27f16436948cfa2f521be1c4429bbf68.jpg

With studios there can be little difference between how they look 40m vs 50m, both rectangles, often 1 balcony no other windows, same furnishings just more spaced out. Once you get over 45m and over one bedroom is better although bigger studios do often have a sliding wall to separate the bedroom from lounge/kitchen

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Given all the small condos here I'm surprised you don't see more Murphy beds, or perhaps they are around and I just haven't seen them.

Thais aren't big on Murphy beds. They're weird. Used to be a company in Pattaya selling them, though. In a small condo you end up living on the bed anyway, no need to stow it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigStar said:

Thais aren't big on Murphy beds. They're weird. Used to be a company in Pattaya selling them, though. In a small condo you end up living on the bed anyway, no need to stow it.

I lived in a Pullman stateroom for a few years, had the bed not folded up it would have been a nightmare. The trick is having a heavy enough spring. It went up on it's own when you pulled the release and was real easy easy to pull down. Made into a great sofa. 

5 hours ago, BigStar said:

Living on the bed in Pattaya sounds about right. ???? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

I lived in a Pullman stateroom for a few years, had the bed not folded up it would have been a nightmare. The trick is having a heavy enough spring. It went up on it's own when you pulled the release and was real easy easy to pull down. Made into a great sofa. 

Here is the fully automated version. ????