Fit To Fly Certificates for Thai Nationals

durhamboy

I am going to Thailand with my Thai wife. She already has her COE and we have booked on Thai Airways. It seems from everything that we have read and heard that she (being a Thai National) does not need a negative covid test but only a Fit To Fly Certificate issued within 72 hours before the flight. Seems it's quite difficult to get a Fit To Fly Cert here in the UK without also having a covid test. So it seems that many Thais are using the services of a guy in Thailand who goes by the name Bank Saksit Banham. Seems he is not a doctor himself but will for about £40 arrange a Fit To Fly Cert signed by a doctor. At first I thought this was a scam but many Thais have done this without any problems. Do you have any thoughts about this?

15 hours ago, durhamboy said:

I am going to Thailand with my Thai wife. She already has her COE and we have booked on Thai Airways. It seems from everything that we have read and heard that she (being a Thai National) does not need a negative covid test but only a Fit To Fly Certificate issued within 72 hours before the flight. Seems it's quite difficult to get a Fit To Fly Cert here in the UK without also having a covid test. So it seems that many Thais are using the services of a guy in Thailand who goes by the name Bank Saksit Banham. Seems he is not a doctor himself but will for about £40 arrange a Fit To Fly Cert signed by a doctor. At first I thought this was a scam but many Thais have done this without any problems. Do you have any thoughts about this?

Sitting in same situation, but different country and different airline.My wife will fly with Qatar Airways.I contacted our GP and she is quite confused...I think, I will be using one of the forms found on TV.

By the way, did anybody take a flight into Thailand with Qatar Airways and has some advices regarding this thing?

Edited by drenddy

23 hours ago, durhamboy said:

Why not just go through a private GP in the UK like Doctap and get the fit to fly cert excluding the covid test? It is about £35-£50. They specifically say you do not need a covid test. If you want one with a covid test it costs closer to £130 though I think, but this is not needed. You can book an appointment in person for pretty much whenever you want, its a simple process. Cheaper than getting some sketchy one from Thailand.

When booking select Medical Letter, then when it asks what it is required for select Travel, and the Fit to Fly.

Edited by lmxcredt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, drenddy said:

Sitting in same situation, but different country and different airline.My wife will fly with Qatar Airways.I contacted our GP and she is quite confused...I think, I will be using one of the forms found on TV.

By the way, did anybody take a flight into Thailand with Qatar Airways and has some advices regarding this thing?

As mentioned in my other comment, search Doctap. They provide fit to fly certificates in the UK with or without a covid test. The former being much cheaper and is what you need. They are a proper, private GP and you can just book an appointment online. I would link but unsure on the rules, so just give them a google.

When booking select Medical Letter, then when it asks what it is required for select Travel, and the Fit to Fly.

On 11/18/2020 at 1:39 PM, durhamboy said:

...Seems it's quite difficult to get a Fit To Fly Cert here in the UK without also having a covid test...

Does the Thai embassy in London have a form for the fit-to-fly certificate? In Switzerland, the embassy as for the submission of this form:

https://thaiembassy.ch/files_upload/editor_upload/VISA/1602062076_example-of-fit-to-fly-certificate.pdf

Wife and son are heading out soon but our GP has refused to issue a FTF.   I'm looking at DocTap but they are asking for face to face consultation (and we're nowhere nearby)... seems like another option by phone is GoGoDoc (at £80)  

There's not a lot of info I can find on what is an official recommendation / format (ie does it need to explicitly state one is free of covid like symptoms?)  Does it have to come from a recommended source or is a letter from any registered GP fine?

My wife (thai) got a ftf from a private clinic in London (freedom health). It was an online consultation and only lasted a few minutes. He was happy to issue the ftf without a Covid test. He did ask if she had any symptoms and added to the letter tgat she showed no symptoms of covid 

Ps the cost was £55.... However think its gone up to £75

In the Netherlands  the same. My house doctor is not allowed to do it(legal). It have to be a independent doctor like a health institute. Then the scam begins, you have to declare by mail you are fit and then they send you a fit to fly certificate by mail, accepted by KLM. Will cost €60. In the Netherlands we have institute called MEDIMARE they deliver medical service to all travelers and crews of ships and oil rigs.

A physical Covid test and FtF will cost >€200

Medicspot.co.uk is who O used. They have easy appt system with many local pharmacies where you do a video conference with a doctor. Digital thermometer,  oximeter and digital stethoscope attached to laptop. £49 when you book appt, then £49 after appt and certificate emailed within 2 hrs.