Huawei phone...........

teacherclaire

huawei sux in hardware and especially battery,

i also made the mistake and it was barely usable,

i didnt bother to carry it with me since it would just die before the day was over, i just had it on constant

charge until an app required an update at which point i bought

a phone i can actually use, oppo a9 2020 with 8 gb ram & 5000 mah battery

Edited by scammed
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, blackcab said:

Sorry to hear that. I tend to stick with Samsung. No problems at all other than they can be expensive if you buy the flagship model when it first comes out.

I didn't even buy their most expensive model. It was around 7 K, does all what I want it to do, has the option to watch the screen on TV and plenty of other things. 

Sometimes I watch a movie on it and the screen and color are impressive.

Even having all the MS Office stuff on it, when I want to do Office work, I use my laptop, or PC. But it's handy if you can create a document that uses MS Office 2019. 

The Huawei doesn't even have the option to mirror on a TV which says it all. 

• Like 1

I have Huawei Mate 9, 2016 model, great phone. I can't believe the amount of abuse it survived, has been dropped tens of times.

I bought for my gf Huawei Mate 30 Pro 2 months ago for 15K, piece of art. It is a camera with a complimentary phone. 

For 7K you should have bought Xiaomi or similar, if you don't care much about the camera. The camera is probably the main differentiator.

• Like 1

Being cheap & generally disliking phones, my choices were Huawei mate SE and Moto G5 in 2018. Costco was running specials on the Moto. That decision made, never had a problem. That said if you are on the cheap side of the street, problems are more common than top of the line models, natch.

10 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

I thought that I did a relative a great favor buying a Huawei phone a few months ago, but it was a big mistake.

The screen started to show problems after only two months and the picture got worse from day to day that we brought it to a shop where they changed the whole screen including some electronic that is attached for 1,300 baht.

Now after only two months, we are back where we were before, but the same display was now 1,800 baht. I paid it again and will never put any more money into that piece of shi_e.

The Samsung I bought at the same time never had an issue, upgraded six times and I'm more than happy with it.

Huawei seem to use the cheapest cr_p for their phones. Keep your hands off them, please. 

Warranty? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Bought the Huawei P9 Lite about 4 or 5 years ago, battery started to swell, bought a battery off Lazada for 250 baht, replaced it and now it's as good as new again. Great phone, can mirror share, have you checked in the Smart Assistance settings?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My Huawei P9 will be 4 years old in January, works a charm. The battery went after 3 years but I took it to the Huawei service centre in Hat Yai and they replaced the battery for Bht850. Hopefully it'll keep going a few more years yet, an excellent phone.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/19/2020 at 3:58 AM, gearbox said:

I have Huawei Mate 9, 2016 model, great phone. I can't believe the amount of abuse it survived, has been dropped tens of times.

I too have this model and it's a solid build. The GPS was very dodgy at beginning but o/s updates sorted it out. The battery started swelling up and busting the back off about 15 months ago. I bought a replacement and fitted it myself. Not easy but Youtube videos help. The camera by Leica is rubbish. It now only focuses after a solid slap on the palm of the hand first each shot. Won't buy another Huawei as they don't have Google but this is the longest lasting phone I have had so far.

I have had a Huawei Mediapad 2 for over 2 years now and it cost me 4,890 baht. The screen is cracked in a couple of places but it makes no difference to the phone.

It has the Google app on it from new.

The main reason I bought it was because of the large screen and it made text and numbers easier for me to see.

On 11/19/2020 at 8:11 AM, KannikaP said:

All Android phones have the ability to watch TV, or You Tube.

I have a Huawei Y9 (2018) three years old, BHt 7000. Never any problem, updates OS regularly, can mirror to my TV. Cannot fault it at all.

I bought the same model for around the same price at the same time. Works perfect. Battery is as good as ever. With regard to Phone batteries try and charge when down to around 30 to 40% and charge up to between 80 and 90%. This shorter period means that the battery does not heat up so much which is the biggest killer of batteries

• Like 2