Huawei phone...........

teacherclaire

I've had my Huawei P20 for a bit over a year now. It was their flagship two years ago with a list price around 28k, I paid 7k. That's always been my strategy with phones, just wait a bit and you'll get a great phone, tho not the latest and greatest.

As been said, the Leica cameras are superb. Very sharp with colors that pop. I can zoom in and see so many details. I was blown away versus the quality of my old LG phone. The portrait mode is great.

Screen is sharp, colors are great, dropped it twice. Though this made me have to get a new case and film, no problems with the phone. Good battery life, speed, no issues with cell or wi-fi signals, and one of the main selling points for me was that USB-C hubs are supported. I can connect HDMI and USB devices, like memory sticks and gamepads. This feature's been hard to find in other phones. If your phone supports them, I highly recommend the "Baseus Superlative Multifunctional Hub".

Support is great, I've recently received two large updates to Android 10 and the latest security. Yeah, I guess the Chinese govt is spying on me. But otherwise I've found it hard to knock this phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I've owned two.  one was like 8000 and maybe one was 7000.  the 8000 one was OK but then after a few years I decided it was too dated and gave it away.  not special at all, but no problems.  the 7000 one Y9 was much better, and has gone from maybe 55% special to 65 percent.  it works, but whatever......

then i bought a USED iphone and remembered why they are soooooo much better IF IF IF you can get them at the right price (again, around 7000 baht).  

it's all about value.  depends on the price and expectations. 

Edited by Ventenio

Bought P10 pro, sadly, due to camera then and thought what could be wrong with phone further.

Asked company (Huawei by mail), what is the best mem card to put in?

They coudnt tell right away and had to do investigation !!?? Only the older mems up to 16 gb could go in, not bigger.

If you did the bigger newer cards, you could have problems in storage and reading. Guess they didnt want to pay for rights hold by Microsoft. It is another format.

The sound out of the speaker is horrible and hurts your ears, far too sharp and just one speaker.

Now it doesnt respond outside on skype calls. Phone i dont  know, i dont get called much.

And since short time, i cant switch off the sound of call skype unless i open the cover of the phone. Was never a problem, but now seems to be connected to the cam?! I have to open the cover before i can switch off the sound.

Have it now for about 5 years, but regret i bought it.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, transam said:

.........and help the Chinese.....????

As opposed  to?  Where are  the majority of  popular affordable  electronics  fabricated?  iPhone ? Samsung?  Sumsang ?

The  Huawei objection  is as demonstrably  valid as  Biden is  President  elect  due to  fraud !

The world is  being  divided by unscrupulous desperation to  retain consumerist  allegiences at the cost  of  rational or honestly  informed thinking!

Look forward to an era of  protectionism and  scalping  !

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/18/2020 at 11:19 PM, blackcab said:

Sorry to hear that. I tend to stick with Samsung. No problems at all other than they can be expensive if you buy the flagship model when it first comes out.

I changed from Samsung to a Vivo this year... best move I ever made, not saying Samusung is bad but Vivo seems better in many ways.

I never trust Huawei ... stealing info.

I've had 2 Huawei phones and loved them both and will buy again. GF has only ever had Samsung and she's had problems with the last 2. A good friend of mine has a high-end Samsung and is having an issue with it. I think both are quality products, but as with any brand...always gonna be some lemons when so many are being produced. No company is perfect.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I changed from Samsung to a Vivo this year... best move I ever made, not saying Samusung is bad but Vivo seems better in many ways.

I never trust Huawei ... stealing info.

1.  is there any proof of huawei stealing user info, or are these evidence-free allegations only, and mostly found on websites that claim trump won the election?

2.  if huawei does steal info, what are they stealing, and is it any different that what our corporate overlords at facebook/google/apple steal on a regular basis?

3.  if you're not doing anything wrong, why worry?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Hotrats said:

I disagree with the O P. I've been using the Huawei P10 Plus for the past 3 years. Fantastic phone. Beats all the competition hands down. Never had a single problem with it in 3 years.  Would certainly buy a new Huawei model when the time comes.

We had very bad luck. The phone doesn't have the option like smart view, and the screen giving up twice in a short time says it all to me.

I'll never buy one again. When using the Huawei it's totally different to my Samsung. 

My Samsung had five, or six quality updates, the Huawei one. It's too obvious that China steals from others.

And the originals seem to be better IMO. 

17 hours ago, Stocky said:

Buy an iPhone same same, everything is made in China...

Welcome to the Sinosphere

Why spending twice or more as much for a phone that you can get with the same options from Samsung, or another brand?

It's like buying Levi's jeans, you pay for the name. America should let Americans put the parts together too many are jobless.

Who'd trust a Chinese quality control? 

22 hours ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

I've had my Huawei P20 for a bit over a year now. It was their flagship two years ago with a list price around 28k, I paid 7k. That's always been my strategy with phones, just wait a bit and you'll get a great phone, tho not the latest and greatest.

As been said, the Leica cameras are superb. Very sharp with colors that pop. I can zoom in and see so many details. I was blown away versus the quality of my old LG phone. The portrait mode is great.

Screen is sharp, colors are great, dropped it twice. Though this made me have to get a new case and film, no problems with the phone. Good battery life, speed, no issues with cell or wi-fi signals, and one of the main selling points for me was that USB-C hubs are supported. I can connect HDMI and USB devices, like memory sticks and gamepads. This feature's been hard to find in other phones. If your phone supports them, I highly recommend the "Baseus Superlative Multifunctional Hub".

Support is great, I've recently received two large updates to Android 10 and the latest security. Yeah, I guess the Chinese govt is spying on me. But otherwise I've found it hard to knock this phone.

You've made a very good experience, that's great. Thanks for reporting, others aren't that lucky. 

On 11/19/2020 at 9:51 AM, vogie said:

Bought the Huawei P9 Lite about 4 or 5 years ago, battery started to swell, bought a battery off Lazada for 250 baht, replaced it and now it's as good as new again. Great phone, can mirror share, have you checked in the Smart Assistance settings?

Even the settings are <deleted>. Nope, there's no such option, or I'm too dumb. 

8 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

Nope. We bought it online. And the shop that changed the screen blamed us that water came inside. An easy excuse not to fix it for free. 

Shame. Bought a Huawei Y9 (2019) during a Tukcom promo a while ago. No issues.

Water damage is an excuse used by many, not just Huawei.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 12:31 AM, alianware said:

Dont buy it. Huawei will be dead. International banned and there is issue, that the company steals your privacy. Read the news !!! 

And not too long ago, America had serious issues that might be back soon. 

If you have a broken vacuum cleaner and you put a Harley sticker on it, it might suck again. But these phones suck right from the start. My apologies, that's my opinion.

6 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

We had very bad luck. The phone doesn't have the option like smart view, and the screen giving up twice in a short time says it all to me.

I'll never buy one again. When using the Huawei it's totally different to my Samsung. 

My Samsung had five, or six quality updates, the Huawei one. It's too obvious that China steals from others.

And the originals seem to be better IMO.

huawei is stealing?

Huawei has filed the most 5G patents globally as of February 2020 – report

Huawei invests hugely in R&D and that is responsible to a large extent for the company’s consistent rise in the global market. The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) released data for 2019 in April this year showing that Huawei filed a total of 4,411 patents in 2019. This made the company rank as the top corporate filer globally.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/06/02/huawei-has-the-most-5g-standard-essential-patents-globally/

or is china stealing?

Chinese launch sees the first 6G satellite enter orbit

https://www.techspot.com/news/87516-world-first-6g-satellite-launches-china.html

Satellite blasts off to test 6G data speeds that are 100 times faster than 5G

https://www.phonearena.com/news/china-using-satellite-to-test-6g-data-speeds-100-times-faster-than-5g_id128419

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Eindhoven said:

Which model exactly? Can take a look for you. 

Friend's gone, will get back later. Thank you very much. 

She just came, I so not see a model number and have no idea where the box is. Here's a photo. 

Huawei.jpg

Edited by teacherclaire

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

huawei is stealing?

Huawei has filed the most 5G patents globally as of February 2020 – report

Huawei invests hugely in R&D and that is responsible to a large extent for the company’s consistent rise in the global market. The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) released data for 2019 in April this year showing that Huawei filed a total of 4,411 patents in 2019. This made the company rank as the top corporate filer globally.

https://www.gizmochina.com/2020/06/02/huawei-has-the-most-5g-standard-essential-patents-globally/

or is china stealing?

Chinese launch sees the first 6G satellite enter orbit

https://www.techspot.com/news/87516-world-first-6g-satellite-launches-china.html

Satellite blasts off to test 6G data speeds that are 100 times faster than 5G

https://www.phonearena.com/news/china-using-satellite-to-test-6g-data-speeds-100-times-faster-than-5g_id128419

China takes whatever they want. Do you think that all parts of the 6 G satellite were invented by China?