Huawei phone...........

teacherclaire

2 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

okay, lemme see if i got this straight.

you bought a cheap model phone from a shady non-authorized online seller.

the phone may be a genuine huawei, or it could be a rebranded knockoff.

phone may have been cheap because it failed factory inspection, or it was a

previous return.  there was no warranty.

phone of dubious origin malfunctions, you take it to no-name stand in some

mall for repair.  some part, unknown if genuine replacement, unknown if used,

installed by joe somebody with minimal training.  there was no warranty.

phone of unknown origin with unknown replacement parts fails a second time.

so.......huawei bad?

I don't think that it was a shady non authorized online seller. The screens were- regarding the sellers- original parts. 

It came with a warranty but we didn't keep the bill. You might be right with all your points, I was only telling you what happened.

And if a shop that replaces a screen tells you that water came inside, but they didn't proof that to you, that's another story.

My point being is that I never had such headaches with a Samsung. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I changed from Samsung to a Vivo this year... best move I ever made, not saying Samusung is bad but Vivo seems better in many ways.

I never trust Huawei ... stealing info.

Yes, Vivo is of course 'less' Chinese.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, teacherclaire said:

I don't think that it was a shady non authorized online seller. The screens were- regarding the sellers- original parts. 

It came with a warranty but we didn't keep the bill. You might be right with all your points, I was only telling you what happened.

And if a shop that replaces a screen tells you that water came inside, but they didn't proof that to you, that's another story.

My point being is that I never had such headaches with a Samsung. 

online sellers buy lotsa pirated stuff from china, most times you never know.

heck, some of the factories producing knockoffs even honor the warranties.

mostly, though, you get garbage cause you bought the cheapest you could find.

there's usually a reason you got a great deal.

1337240395_greyhoundpirate.jpg.5b6ce59a9cf6d8395551542e145b33e6.jpg1431748981_kfcpirate1.jpg.702b26d95a2aa02a8fe50650f031a166.jpg24020399_nbapirate2.jpg.d2c4fbfab96a0cc7c3230b3c38018315.jpg2069095925_suzukipirate.jpg.c13038468db4d703c64242036e255f33.jpg2134163708_passatpirate.jpg.d3658c49ed28346cc86a082eb2d3ada9.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/19/2020 at 12:32 AM, Pattaya46 said:

I would be very curious to know which Huawei you bought, as I have many friends who own a Huawei and I think that ALL their phones have a "mirror to TV" feature... of course .

And about quality, you must be very unlucky. There are some good reasons if Huawei became the second-largest smartphone maker in the world.

Why Huawei smartphones are so popular all over the world.

I've had a huawei a couple of years. Does all what I want to do with it and has been faultless. My old samsung on the other hand...I have a samsung tablet but won't touch another of their phones. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

online sellers buy lotsa pirated stuff from china, most times you never know.

heck, some of the factories producing knockoffs even honor the warranties.

mostly, though, you get garbage cause you bought the cheapest you could find.

there's usually a reason you got a great deal.

1337240395_greyhoundpirate.jpg.5b6ce59a9cf6d8395551542e145b33e6.jpg1431748981_kfcpirate1.jpg.702b26d95a2aa02a8fe50650f031a166.jpg24020399_nbapirate2.jpg.d2c4fbfab96a0cc7c3230b3c38018315.jpg2069095925_suzukipirate.jpg.c13038468db4d703c64242036e255f33.jpg2134163708_passatpirate.jpg.d3658c49ed28346cc86a082eb2d3ada9.jpg

I fully understand your point, but it's not my interest to start WW III about a Huawei phone from China. Even a pirated Huawei is worse than a Samsung. 

And to be honest, for the price of 7,000 something baht, it wasn't a dirt cheap option for what the phone offers compared to a Samsung the same price.

It was only 400 baht less expensive than what the stores here were asking for at that time. 
Of course, it is online cheaper; they don't have to pay for employees. 

A last question. If you were the Prime Minister of this country, would you buy a high speed train from China, or one from Germany? ( No answer needed, it's too obvious.) 

Peace! 

1 minute ago, katatonic said:

Same, my wife and I have Huawei's: P20 pro and Mate 10 and they are easily the best phones I've come across. Both were bought secondhand for way less than 50% of their new prices, both within months of their launch, quite common in Singapore where people change them like underwear. Had both for well over a year and no intention of replacing either. Had Samsung phones and a tablet, all of which were regretted. I cannot get my head round why anyone would want to spend 35k baht on a phone either: bizarre. As is the OP moaning about a 7k online purchase she had warranty issue with after losing the receipt, trying to trash a company that had nothing to do with the problem.

I'm not trying to trash a company, please read some posts. It seems that I was not the only one who made the mistake to buy a Chinese phone.

54 minutes ago, DavisH said:

I've had a huawei a couple of years. Does all what I want to do with it and has been faultless. My old samsung on the other hand...I have a samsung tablet but won't touch another of their phones. 

I think it's time to stop now. We paid 10 K for a phone that I wouldn't buy for 200 baht. 

That's all I'm trying to say. 

Samsung has the sharper display, and bigger battery, but Huawei has much faster charging and more impressive camera capabilities. Samsung has the higher resolution screen, and it also has arguably the ultimate trump card: proper Android.

And I prefer "proper android" to some copied bs. 

If I want to take high quality photos, I use a good camera. Thank you. 

Edited by teacherclaire

40 minutes ago, teacherclaire said:

I fully understand your point, but it's not my interest to start WW III about a Huawei phone from China. Even a pirated Huawei is worse than a Samsung. 

And to be honest, for the price of 7,000 something baht, it wasn't a dirt cheap option for what the phone offers compared to a Samsung the same price.

It was only 400 baht less expensive than what the stores here were asking for at that time. 
Of course, it is online cheaper; they don't have to pay for employees. 

A last question. If you were the Prime Minister of this country, would you buy a high speed train from China, or one from Germany? ( No answer needed, it's too obvious.) 

Peace! 

as prime minister?  gosh, i suppose i'd buy the best, most modern, and safest equipment available.......... as the budget permitted.  but there are always trade-offs, and it's not quite as simple as buying a handset.

would also need to consider after sales service, training, interest rates if financed, upgrades, connectivity with adjacent networks, option to move some production in-house, and, ahem, political considerations like sanctions and free-trade agreements and subsidies and xxxxxx.

germany makes some super awesome products, priced accordingly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

huawei is stealing?

Huawei has filed the most 5G patents globally as of February 2020 – report

Huawei invests hugely in R&D and that is responsible to a large extent for the company’s consistent rise in the global market. The World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) released data for 2019 in April this year showing that Huawei filed a total of 4,411 patents in 2019. This made the company rank as the top corporate filer globally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ChouDoufu said:

as prime minister?  gosh, i suppose i'd buy the best, most modern, and safest equipment available.......... as the budget permitted.  but there are always trade-offs, and it's not quite as simple as buying a handset.

would also need to consider after sales service, training, interest rates if financed, upgrades, connectivity with adjacent networks, option to move some production in-house, and, ahem, political considerations like sanctions and free-trade agreements and subsidies and xxxxxx.

germany makes some super awesome products, priced accordingly.

Most people make jokes about "The Germans", but they love to drive their cars and ride their bikes, lol

2 hours ago, teacherclaire said:

I'm not trying to trash a company, please read some posts. It seems that I was not the only one who made the mistake to buy a Chinese phone.  

You seem to be giving it a good try!

Reading the responses you were clearly unfortunate, the vast majority of Huawei owners replying to this thread have had positive experiences.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 12:31 AM, alianware said:

Dont buy it. Huawei will be dead. International banned and there is issue, that the company steals your privacy. Read the news !!! 

Nonsense! Huawei is one of the biggest tech conglomerates. Our daughter gave us a new Huawei phone last Xmas. Perfect running, great photos, videos & Zoom.

On 11/18/2020 at 11:06 PM, teacherclaire said:

I thought that I did a relative a great favor buying a Huawei phone a few months ago, but it was a big mistake.

The screen started to show problems after only two months and the picture got worse from day to day that we brought it to a shop where they changed the whole screen including some electronic that is attached for 1,300 baht.

Now after only two months, we are back where we were before, but the same display was now 1,800 baht. I paid it again and will never put any more money into that piece of shi_e.

The Samsung I bought at the same time never had an issue, upgraded six times and I'm more than happy with it.

Huawei seem to use the cheapest cr_p for their phones. Keep your hands off them, please. 

Exactly the same scenario plus freezing up (yep know about some app issues)and Keyboard is a pain to use.

Researching new phone as speak.

I own 3 Huawei phones for different reasons with different sim cards. One is 5+ years old, another is 2-3 years old and the last one 5 months old. I bought all in licensed shops. All 3 are still in use without any issue. However, camera and screen of the last one are better than those of the first one. Seems they have improved it significantly. I have no reason to regret my choices. BTW I dislike very much the overpricing and arrogant policy of iPhones who have several reported serious issues.

• Like 1