On 11/24/2020 at 3:13 PM, placeholder said:

People also need to understand that you don't need to vaccinate the whole world to stop the spread of covid.

How Long Before the Entire World is Vaccinated Against COVID-19? (newsweek.com)

I'm not sure that article really says that. The person being interviewed concedes that it won't be possible to vaccinate everyone and then the article states that:

GAVI believes that vaccinating 20 percent of the population in all countries who participate in its scheme will cover the most vulnerable people and healthcare workers and, by doing so, suppress the transmission of the disease.

I suppose it depends what you think they mean by "suppress" but I take it to mean that it will limit the spread rather than stop it completely.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well to answer the OP. I'm not a fan of virtual tourism, I'd rather see a movie. I certainly wouldn't part with any of my hard earned to go on a virtual tour. Call me old fashioned, but I like my swim

It's clearly not almost over. We're still closer to the beginning than the end. I agree it will eventually be a kind of "manageable" endemic but first we need to vaccinate most of the entire world. 

COVID is now endemic in most of the world. Within a year or two it will be endemic everywhere.   Once the populations are vaccinated the doors can be opened when the government choose to do

Posted Images