Plan to grant work permits to foreigners who invest $1m clears first hurdle

webfact

Maybe Yuthasak Supasorn worries about tourism and less about investment ....... . 

A new clown in a very old, worn circus with daily performances and clacquers wherever you look .....

Now the non-existing spectators should cough up a million USD for the privilege to get skimmed, skinned alive and shaf-ted ......... good weed is smoked down at the TAT, I assume! 

1 hour ago, phantomfiddler said:

It is very clear that whoever is coming up with these sad ideas is not living in the normal human world ????

You are quite right. These pigs have been at the trough for so long and have already gained so much cash that they actually look at this and think "one million is not that much money"!

I saw so much of this <deleted> in Africa.  Same thing here only these pigs really think that they are cleaver and special!

• Like 2

haha, today's morning chuckle . Mind you, there will be some who have more money than judgment, who will no doubt go for it, so long as they don't expect any return on the investment anytime soon . Now will come the comments of some.  who will tell you that it's a great place to do business.

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

I for one welcome our new Chinese overlords.

On a more serious note, work permits are available here for far less money. You just have to jump through the hoops to get one.

and so why bother? The hoops are there to tell you that at they don't want you here. Its a great place to chill out and a terrible place to work or invest. 

Edited by Pilotman

5 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

haha, today's morning chuckle . Mind you, there will be some who have more money than judgment, who will no doubt go for it, so long as they don't expect any return on the investment anytime soon . Now will come the comments of some.  who will tell you that it's a great place to do business.

I see Warren Buffets mega yacht on the horizon, quickly going the opposite direction.  Even he has more brains in his little pinky than these retards.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Who do these people think the are? Someone needs to remind them Thailand isn't the only country in the world.

Remember this is a place where the leader previously has announced, that Thai-language soon would replace English and be spoken world wide.

There really is not other or better place than Thailand. So anyone getting their hands on this deal should consider themselves to be very lucky.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kadilo said:

“The meeting also endorsed the TAT’s plan to partner with Thai Airways and local hotels to offer tourism packages plus quarantine stays to foreign visitors.

The packages will be offered from December 1 to March 31 next year, with a target of 2,000 visitors and Bt200 million in revenue per month.”

They really have not got a clue. Recycling the same old garbage and fictitious numbers as if by a miracle something will change. 

As I've said before, once I see "TAT" in a post on TV -  anything that follows is farcical!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

When you live in the center of the Universe as the Thais think they do, then they truly believe in this horse dung they dream up.  In their eyes why would someone not want to be a rich investor in Thailand, give us their money and let us do with it as needed.  Thailand will soon be the new Monte Carlo and James bond, his women, and the villain's will flock here to drink martinis, gamble and enjoy the sunsets on the Thai Riviera they are dreaming of building.  Some folks have more than one screw loose in their brains.

an acquaintance of mine has 4 businesses in Thailand, restaurants and  food retail high end, none of them profitable.  He is quite open in saying that he does it to keep his Thai wife and her family in employment while he chills out.  He says the investment is for a quiet life.  He meanwhile spends most of his time on the golf course and, pre corvid, travelling. Nice if you can afford it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

The government's Centre for Economic Situation Administration (CESA) on Wednesday approved a plan to grant work permits to Elite Card holders who invest at least US$1 million in Thailand.

To be eligible, Elite Card holders must invest the money for five years in Thai property or businesses.

They must also have top-tier Elite Cards costing Bt1 million and valid for at least five years.

Latest news as businessmen worldwide say cut the red tape.... Thailand just rolls out more.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

and so why bother? The hoops are there to tell you that at they don't want you here. Its a great place to chill out and a terrible place to work or invest. 

As a business owner Thailand is a great place to work and has been a profitable place to invest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

a plan to grant work permits to Elite Card holders who invest at least US$1 million in Thailand.

How many people is that? 5? That will bring around 10-20 million USD to Thailand, the economy is saved!

5 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

As a business owner Thailand is a great place to work and has been a profitable place to invest.

okay, maybe for you, but not for anyone I ever meet. At best they break even. But if you are making money here then good for you, personally, I would not risk it. 

5 hours ago, blackcab said:

If you want to lure investment into a country you don't normally make people pay for the privilege.

It looks like 1,000 people are expected to take up this offer. It will be interesting to hear how many actually did so in 12 months time.

They can just open a business for 2 million Baht and get a work permit no need for 1 million dollars.

Edited by Aarin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Who the hell dreams up all this BS ? Cannot wait for tomorrow’s brain wave I’m laughing that much my sides are hurting ????????????

The WORLDS most impatient and incompetent drivers/riders come up with yet another DUMB and arrogant idea! Is there anybody who is surprised by this fake macho stupidity!?

I love Thais, I just wish they could ignore my whiteness and be genuinely colorblind !

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Chinese overlords will buy into it as they will want to work side by side with this government and will need a work permit for there hotel condos.

Correct.  The $1 million investment will be no barrier for well off Chinese who have been investing much more than this in Thailand anyway

9 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

okay, maybe for you, but not for anyone I ever meet. At best they break even. But if you are making money here then good for you, personally, I would not risk it. 

Well you can add me to that list and a couple of dozen foreign friends of mine who have made themselves rich here.   Risk?  There is less risk in Thailand.  The cost of starting and running a business here is far below North America and Europe.  Also, if you don’t like the rules here there is always a work around.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chilli42 said:

Well you can add me to that list and a couple of dozen foreign friends of mine who have made themselves rich here.   Risk?  There is less risk in Thailand.  The cost of starting and running a business here is far below North America and Europe.  Also, if you don’t like the rules here there is always a work around.  

okay

What on earth makes them think Elite Visa holders need or want work permits?

One wonders if they do any sort of market research before coming up with these ideas.

Now if they offered PR status that would be of interest....

• Like 2