Plan to grant work permits to foreigners who invest $1m clears first hurdle

webfact

2 minutes ago, NightSky said:

If its to launder untaxed money from China the allocated quota might fill quickly. 

Go to Portugal, buy a 500,000 EUR house and get permanent residency.

Maybe not a lot questions asked from where money came from.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OnTheRun said:

Kudos to you mate, in almost 20 years residing in Thailand I know 1 person who has made his money (rich) within Thailand, everyone else made it before moving here. I don't doubt you have but for you to know 24 such people seems to be a bit of an over statement.

I know them as well (from TV shows)

Never met them in person.

• Haha 1

What other privileges do you get for that?

Well, in many neighbouring countries ,you only need to register a company or become Director of a limited Company to get a work permit. Simple & easy.

My multiple re- entry ONE YEAR visa in Brunei costs my company £28.00 only. Obtained within one hour if immigration office is busy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AlfHuy said:

Go to Portugal, buy a 500,000 EUR house and get permanent residency.

Maybe not a lot questions asked from where money came from.

Yes,  Portugal is an option. But does it has ladyboy GOGO bars and great Som Tam stalls? I think not!

looks like an other one blackmail...

When the study level of a country is very low, ask 1M$ of invest to give work permit is ridiculous. You should profit and give work permit and facilities to every body with a real knowledge and who can help Thailand to grow up.

But looks like nowadays, every body fareng is tourist... a shame.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, crazykopite said:

Who the hell dreams up all this BS ? Cannot wait for tomorrow’s brain wave I’m laughing that much my sides are hurting ????????????

Whats 3035000 baht to an American? They’ll be climbing over each other to get away from the Democrats claw back.

Joking aside if the Thais are really serious about kick starting unprecedented tourism. Devalue the baht by 20% cut alcohol tax (presently not representative based on average wages) relax visa laws.

• Like 1

I just renewed my work permit got 2 years cost 6300 bht.........total I have invested to get work permit is about 100,000 bht.

i don’t know what goes through these people’s heads ,I’m sure people with that much spare money don’t need to work or a work permit.

Edited by taninthai
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jerolamo said:

looks like an other one blackmail...

When the study level of a country is very low, ask 1M$ of invest to give work permit is ridiculous. You should profit and give work permit and facilities to every body with a real knowledge and who can help Thailand to grow up.

But looks like nowadays, every body fareng is tourist... a shame.

I was trying to imagine what the opposition, Progress Party/FFP, would be doing differently to this - I think (jerolamo) you nailed it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OnTheRun said:

Kudos to you mate, in almost 20 years residing in Thailand I know 1 person who has made his money (rich) within Thailand, everyone else made it before moving here. I don't doubt you have but for you to know 24 such people seems to be a bit of an over statement.

When I used to frequent bars a lot I used to meet loads of expats but not many that were successful here. Most of the ones with money were here on expat packages working for multinationals. Certainly the hangers on and fantasists outnumbered those that were successful. I also met murderers, wanted criminals and some horrible, nasty characters into the bargain.

If you mix in business circles, go to social clubs, Chambers of Commerce etc., you will meet a lot more self-made people that are making money in Thailand. 

The meeting also endorsed the TAT’s plan to partner with Thai Airways and local hotels to offer tourism packages plus quarantine stays to foreign visitors.

The packages will be offered from December 1 to March 31 next year, with a target of 2,000 visitors and Bt200 million in revenue per month.

Another subsidized government scheme to keep both Thai Airways and hotels afloat to stop them going under !  

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

The Chinese overlords will buy into it as they will want to work side by side with this government and will need a work permit for there hotel condos.

Someone who gets it. This initiative is solely aimed at the Chinese.

• Like 1