Crime rates Christmas breaks

Jack Hna

Yep seen a small increase in crime where we are and we do not live in a touristic dependent area. Not concerned about theft from our home as we live in an extremely well connected community with plenty of lawmen and army guys who cherish where we live and look after each other.

One does well to stay connected to all the groups associated with islands and parts of the south and it has been noted the discussions revolving round an increase in local petty crime has increased. 

So, one must be vigilant a little more this Christmas.

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

What nonsense, already booked up for a nice 10 day break down in Phuket in a cracking villa at a great price.

Me and the wife didn't give crime rates a thought, really looking forward to it.

You must be a bit of a shallow thinker then because it's all over the place, reports of increases in crime in resort areas. Who do you think is their number 1 target. Good luck sunny but that cracking deal may turn into more than you bargained for, Phuket too, what a bargain eh. Absolute mark is what you are sunny. (X)

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

You must be a bit of a shallow thinker then because it's all over the place, reports of increases in crime in resort areas. Who do you think is their number 1 target. Good luck sunny but that cracking deal may turn into more than you bargained for, Phuket too, what a bargain eh. Absolute mark is what you are sunny. (X)

I just had 5 days in Ao Nang, i felt as safe as i do anywhere else in Thailand, in 20 years here i've never felt like a 'mark'.

I also had 2 days in Khao Lak which is like Beruit ( almost everything shut and no one about ), again i did not feel threatened walking about.

You're better just stay at the safety of your house if you're that worried....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bangkokhatter said:

Am not your son and i don't need luck.

You may wander around scared witless, but there is crime everywhere and i will take normal precautions as i do when ever i travel.

Seeing some of the nonsense you write i wonder if you even live here. The reports i have from the area of Phuket where we are staying are very positive with restaurants and bars managing to stay open so looking forward to a relaxing time in an area i would never visit in normal times.

I had a fantastic time in Ao Nang, it was interesting to catch up with some farang restaraunt owners and hear their stories about how they're coping and others that have folded.

Beaches are empty, water is clean, hotels are cheap, why would n't you go?? ( unless scared ).

When we went to Railley (sp) for the day i'd be surprised if there was more than 100 people there all day - brilliant.

I hope you have a great time!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2020 at 4:46 AM, Jack Hna said:

Real concerned about the Christmas holiday this year. We live here but we need some time by a beach but me and the Mrs are concerned what it will be like at all the tourist reliant destinations when there will be virtually no tourists.

Went away in June and saw a lot of devastation but 6 months of this <deleted>flu is gonna be a lot of desperation.

Come to Jomtien... Government promised one personal bodyguard / tourist... 

18 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Yep seen a small increase in crime where we are and we do not live in a touristic dependent area. Not concerned about theft from our home as we live in an extremely well connected community with plenty of lawmen and army guys who cherish where we live and look after each other.

One does well to stay connected to all the groups associated with islands and parts of the south and it has been noted the discussions revolving round an increase in local petty crime has increased. 

So, one must be vigilant a little more this Christmas.

Consult Mr Trump????

On 11/26/2020 at 8:46 AM, Heng said:

As mentioned, what you need to be worried about is your home while you're away, more so if you don't live somewhere access controlled and heavily covered with CCTV.

Worried about what, break ins?

My house does not even have locks on the doors and it's very seldom they're even closed.

I must say tho when i'm away i always have someone come and stay to look after the mutts.

I live very remote.

Just rent a condo that has occupants for a month. I've been here ten years, never heard of a break in with one. Perhaps that's because a thief has no way of knowing if there's a gun, knife or baseball bat waiting for them behind the door, or if there is anything worth stealing.

17 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Just rent a condo that has occupants for a month. I've been here ten years, never heard of a break in with one. Perhaps that's because a thief has no way of knowing if there's a gun, knife or baseball bat waiting for them behind the door, or if there is anything worth stealing.

Or some angry Th lady.... lol