Thai embassies scrap 500k THB financial requirement for single entry tourist visa

Thai embassies scrap 500k THB financial requirement for single entry tourist visa

thailand-visa.jpg

File photo for reference only

The Thai embassies in London and Washington appear to have scrapped the recent requirement for foreigners applying for a Single Entry Tourist Visa (SETV) to show proof of  funds totalling 500,000 THB or equivalent.

The hefty financial requirement, which was quietly rolled out last month, has been removed from the required documents as listed on the websites of the Thai embassies in London and Washington.

Last week, anyone applying for an SETV from the UK, needed to show the Thai Embassy in London a bank balance of “£12,800 maintained throughout the past 6 months”, while the Thai Embassy in Washington said it required “$17,000 or 500,000 baht each month for the last six month”.

But both of these requirements now appear to have been removed from each of the embassies websites.

For anyone applying from the UK, the Thai Embassy in London has instead added the somewhat ambiguous sentence “UK/Irish bank statements with sufficient fund to cover your trip to Thailand”, without actually clarifying what is considered a “sufficient” amount of money to cover a trip to Thailand.

In contrast, the Thai Embassy in Washington appears to have reverted back to the previous requirement of “Copy of recent bank statement ($700 per person and $1,500 per family)”. 

All the other requirements needed for anyone to enter Thailand at this moment in time, such as a Certificate of Entry, declaration form, quarantine booking, Fit to Fly Certificate, COVID-19 negative test result and an insurance policy which provides a minimum of 100,000 USD coverage, including for COVID-19, appear to remain in place.

The latest requirements for an SETV to Thailand from London and Washington can be found below.

London: https://london.thaiembassy.org/en/publicservice/119247-requirements-for-certificate-of-entry-during-travel-restriction?page=5d6636cd15e39c3bd00072dd&menu=5f4b6eb3f6ae4b236972c562 

Washington: https://thaiembdc.org/2020/11/05/trsingle_entry/ 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-11-19

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any news on the smart watch tracking things that can give the wearer a full medical diagnosis while tracking their whereabouts and forewarning the locals that a dirty infected farang is nearby? That story only lasted 48 hours, didn't it?

1 minute ago, sweetserenity said:

Now its time to remove the 100.000$ covid 19 insurance and we're ready to go!

I think peole would rather the quarantine be removed, the insurance isnt much and probably not a bad idea

1 hour ago, Oldie said:

How many days left until they reduce / remove the quarantine? Tourist money is too tempting. But could be a very expensive experience in the end. 

With most Western countries experiencing upwards of 20,000 new infections a day....do you seriously want Thailand to stop or even reduce quarateine...The figures already for ASQ show over 700 have returned carrying the virus

Yes, get a negative covid test, buy insurance and quarantine, you can come to Thailand.

The link is a legitimate link of Thai insurance companies offering the insurance, its listed on embassy websites as where to buy insurance.

13 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Yes, get a negative covid test, buy insurance and quarantine, you can come to Thailand.

The link is a legitimate link of Thai insurance companies offering the insurance, its listed on embassy websites as where to buy insurance.

I tried to order the health insurance on that website you showed me, but it said this

“ For Special Tourist Visa (STV), a separate Health Insurance Policy is required. The limit sum insured for In-Patient is not less than THB 400,000 and for Out-Patient is not less than THB 40,000 ”

To apply the Online Health Policy, please click https://longstay.tgia.org

So i checked the longstay link, and found many insurance companies, but it doesnt seem like i can order online from them?

13 minutes ago, baansgr said:

...do you seriously want Thailand to stop or even reduce quarateine...

It's not a black and white decision. There's little to no reason rolling, targeted, requirements couldn't be enforced based on the current state of the country tourists are departing from.

3 minutes ago, baansgr said:

With most Western countries experiencing upwards of 20,000 new infections a day....do you seriously want Thailand to stop or even reduce quarateine...The figures already for ASQ show over 700 have returned carrying the virus

They think more and more often to reduce the quarantine. And the pressure gets higher and higher. The tourism industry and the entertainment industry wants to see money as long as there is the main season. Bad for them that at the same time there are the highest Covid rates in very many countries.

But first they allowed only tourists from safe countries, then from high risk countries with financial requirements and now without financial requirements. Problem could be that they get too many tourists that have Corona. Too many to handle. Other problem could be that the Covid numbers in tourist areas go up. This might keep local tourists away. And the main problem - if Corona is in the country at higher numbers it is very hard and expensive to get rid of it. But everything is up to them. I am just another (longtime) tourist.

16 minutes ago, sweetserenity said:

I tried to order the health insurance on that website you showed me, but it said this

“ For Special Tourist Visa (STV), a separate Health Insurance Policy is required. The limit sum insured for In-Patient is not less than THB 400,000 and for Out-Patient is not less than THB 40,000 ”

To apply the Online Health Policy, please click https://longstay.tgia.org

So i checked the longstay link, and found many insurance companies, but it doesnt seem like i can order online from them?

You have to check for the TR, not the STV!

Two different tings!

John

To those hoping quarantine is going soon, no such luck.

Today they even put off for another month making a decision about reducing it from 14 to 10 days, something that by their own calculations would only increase risk by around 0.001%, getting rid of it entirely is not even on the decision makers agenda despite the nonsense from TAT and media.

At this point it's a pretty sure bet quarantine is not going until vaccination is widespread, they got the population to scared to accept it going under any other circumstance .

47 minutes ago, sweetserenity said:

It seems like we are nearing that achievement. Im starting to be confident that thailand will open in january as promised

But open to who? we dont want people coming here from countries where Covid is spiralling out of control, USA, UK and Europe!

1 minute ago, Lashay said:

To those hoping quarantine is going soon, no such luck.

Today they even put off for another month making a decision about reducing it from 14 to 10 days, something that by their own calculations would only increase risk by around 0.001%, getting rid of it entirely is not even on the decision makers agenda despite the nonsense from TAT and media.

At this point it's a pretty sure bet quarantine is not going until vaccination is widespread, they got the population to scared to accept it going under any other circumstance .

They changed their mind so often in the meantime. 

Take it easy boys, too early to celebrate as tomorrow, most likely someone's feverish minds will come up with another gem of an idea how to make the lives of those seeking to come to Thailand even more confusing and difficult..

6 minutes ago, sweetserenity said:

Wrong site. Check here. 

This from the site. 

image.png.b30f692018f6248d10ba3b952bd1a886.png

But they have changed the site. The no longer have the single entry tourist visa on the site. When you click next you will get a message that you need the 40/400k baht it will let you go forward to the application if you close it.

54 minutes ago, sweetserenity said:

It seems like we are nearing that achievement. Im starting to be confident that thailand will open in january as promised

Still won't do the Aussie & Kiwis any good, they're still not allowed out.

Archived