Should anyone wish to use transferwise as a means of showing an international transfer, make sure you use Kasikornbank and NOT Bangkok Bank as previously suggested on here, as they use Kasikorn as an intermediary bank and it will only show as a Thai bank to bank transfer and not international. I’ve had to go to Kasikorn in silom to get the transfer confirmed as international, not a huge issue, but still inconvenient and I’ve lost 2 mornings work trying to sort it out. 

• Confused 6
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you say so.....my transfers direct to Bangkok Bank are noted as International so long as I check the second reason for transfer as being for; "Long stay in Thailand." Been doing it like this for th

Should anyone wish to use transferwise as a means of showing an international transfer, make sure you use Kasikornbank and NOT Bangkok Bank as previously suggested on here, as they use Kasikorn as an

I use Bangkok Bank too with no problems showing FTT transfer for over 1 year.  

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, leeedwards said:

... I’ve had to go to Kasikorn in silom to get the transfer confirmed as international, not a huge issue, but still inconvenient and I’ve lost 2 mornings work trying to sort it out. 

I did PM you a Guideline document on TransferWise and how to ensure that - whichever Thai bank you are transferring the funds to - that you can get hold of the IO-required evidence that the funds originated from abroad.

> To access your PM-message just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

56 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

I did PM you a Guideline document on TransferWise and how to ensure that - whichever Thai bank you are transferring the funds to - that you can get hold of the IO-required evidence that the funds originated from abroad.

> To access your PM-message just click the letter-icon next to your profile when logged in to the Forum.

can you also send me a PM-message please, I use the krungsri bank.

1 hour ago, teetersb said:

I use Bangkok Bank too with no problems showing FTT transfer for over 1 year.

Same to me.

Don't know whether it is relevant:

when sending from German account you have to specify purpose of transfer.

I select funds for foreign long term stay.

Just checked Bangkok bankbook and every transfer back to last year clearly an "FTT".

So the general statement in the OP is not correct.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I have my monthly income paid into a bank that is not a partner bank of T/W and therefor I do not get FTT codes on my statements.

It hasn't prevented me from getting 2 extensions so far since the demise of the embassy letters, so I do wonder what all the fuss is about.

20 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I have my monthly income paid into a bank that is not a partner bank of T/W and therefor I do not get FTT codes on my statements.

It hasn't prevented me from getting 2 extensions so far since the demise of the embassy letters, so I do wonder what all the fuss is about.

The FTT-code to indicate that it is an 'international transfer' is only used by BangkokBank.  Other Thai banks use different codes. 

Either your IO is knowledgeable on the codes used by your Bank and knows that it stands for an international transfer, or you provide additional evidence that it are indeed international transfers on your personal Thai bank-account.

Alternatively you are 'lucky' that you have an easy-going Imm officer handling your application at your local IO, which trusts that your transfers are indeed from foreign origins and doesn't bother putting you through the hassle of providing evidence.

• Like 2
44 minutes ago, Peter Denis said:

The FTT-code to indicate that it is an 'international transfer' is only used by BangkokBank.  Other Thai banks use different codes. 

Either your IO is knowledgeable on the codes used by your Bank and knows that it stands for an international transfer, or you provide additional evidence that it are indeed international transfers on your personal Thai bank-account.

Alternatively you are 'lucky' that you have an easy-going Imm officer handling your application at your local IO, which trusts that your transfers are indeed from foreign origins and doesn't bother putting you through the hassle of providing evidence.

By presenting the TransferWise transaction slips, married up to the entries on my bank statements, I proved, beyond any reasonable doubt,  that they were foreign sourced deposits.

The codes on the statements were indistinguishable from domestic transfers, because as far as Krungsri is concerned, that's what they were. I don't think the IO even took any notice of them.

To be fair, I have to say that our immigration staff are fairly easy going, but none the less, I still had to provide the proof, which I did.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, UncleMhee said:

If you say so.....my transfers direct to Bangkok Bank are noted as International so long as I check the second reason for transfer as being for; "Long stay in Thailand." Been doing it like this for three years now.

Do you work for Kasikorn or just touting? The rundown for transfers to Kasikorn is also in the link below.

https://transferwise.com/help/articles/2932335/thb-transfers

Regardless of what has previously happened to you lucky lucky people, my transfers showed up as Thai bank to bank, fact. If there was a specific additional procedure I was supposed to do while making these transactions, then frankly I was unaware of them, what an ignorant fool I must be. So, as Moonlover can confirm, they don’t automatically show as a foreign transfer. This was my experience this week and all I’m trying to do is warn others. Maybe trying to help and having empathy is not common on here. 

5 hours ago, leeedwards said:

Should anyone wish to use transferwise as a means of showing an international transfer, make sure you use Kasikornbank and NOT Bangkok Bank as previously suggested on here, as they use Kasikorn as an intermediary bank and it will only show as a Thai bank to bank transfer and not international. I’ve had to go to Kasikorn in silom to get the transfer confirmed as international, not a huge issue, but still inconvenient and I’ve lost 2 mornings work trying to sort it out.

Transferwise use Bangkok bank, Kasikorn and TMB as their transfer partners in Thailand.  Bangkok Bank accounts are the only ones that will automatically show as international, and only if TW have used Bangkok Bank as the transfer partner.

This should happen automatically when you select the correct option as the reason for transfer, however TW indicated from the introduction that it was not 100% guaranteed, as if there was a technical fault transferring via Bangkok Bank their systems would automatically use one of the alternatives.

Yours is the first claim I recall of this going awry, if indeed you used the correct procedure which seems unlikely from your post.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, treetops said:

Transferwise use Bangkok bank, Kasikorn and TMB as their transfer partners in Thailand.  Bangkok Bank accounts are the only ones that will automatically show as international, and only if TW have used Bangkok Bank as the transfer partner.

This should happen automatically when you select the correct option as the reason for transfer, however TW indicated from the introduction that it was not 100% guaranteed, as if there was a technical fault transferring via Bangkok Bank their systems would automatically use one of the alternatives.

Yours is the first claim I recall of this going awry, if indeed you used the correct procedure which seems unlikely from your post.

Doesn’t say Bangkok Bank or TMB as you can clearly see. 

What is the correct option for reason of transfer then as this seems to be my problem. 

703521DC-63A2-4E03-AA84-8166B0424E46.jpeg