Five hurt after pickup driver falls asleep, slams into car

webfact

Five hurt after pickup driver falls asleep, slams into car

By The Nation

800_9017c5211c77590.jpg?v=1605763243

Five people in a public transport vehicle were injured after the driver of a pickup fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into the car on old San Kampaeng Road in Chiang Mai province on Thursday.

The heavy collision trapped the passengers in the car. Rescuers had to use equipment to free them just as the vehicle caught fire.

Another group of rescuers quickly succeeded in extinguishing the flames, preventing further casualties.

The five injured people were taken to hospital. The accident also created a traffic jam.

Pickup driver Jetsada Norakaipan, 29, admitted to falling asleep and causing the accident.

The police are investigating to find out exactly how the crash occurred.

San Kamphaeng police station is holding the vehicles until the injured retrieve them.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30398210

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-11-19

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The driver actually was honest and admitted he was in the wrong ????

I’m struggling to accept that this wasn’t break failure.... again !!

I’m going to take a wild stab in the dark ’The driver fell asleep and crashed into something’...:whistling:

Quite strange how the police can so readily come to the conclusion of suicide when someone falls off a Pattaya Balcony, however, in this case state they are 'investigating how the crash happened’ when the driver has already admitted he fell asleep !

As for police interest, there's no money to be made of a dead balcony jumper whereas an injured or uninjured driver...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NanLaew said:

It's brake failure, not break. B-R-A-K-E, brake.

... Again !!

I sometimes wonder if it is predictive text which changes input spelling. If not then International education standards are falling. Time for my coffee brake.......

• Haha 1

On 11/19/2020 at 3:38 PM, PETERTHEEATER said:

I sometimes wonder if it is predictive text which changes input spelling. If not then International education standards are falling. Time for my coffee brake.......

Could be that the driver fell asleep and failed to brake because earlier he had failed to take a break .