More Phuket hotels approved as quarantine venues

More Phuket hotels approved as quarantine venues

By The Phuket News

1605772232_1-org.jpg

The Novotel Avista Resort & Spa was inspected and approved by the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office to operate as an ALQ. The resort must now wait for approval from Bangkok. Photo: PPHO

PHUKET: The total number of hotels in Phuket approved to serve as Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) venues has risen to 18, with nearly 2,000 rooms now available to receive guests observing the mandatory 14-day quarantine.

The news follows the Novotel Avista Resort & Spa being approved by the Phuket Provincial Health Office (PPHO) earlier this week, meaning the resort must now wait for approval from health officials in Bangkok in order to operate as an ALQ.

In the past month, 11 more Phuket hotels and resorts have been approved by Bangkok to operate as ALQs, including the Ramada Phuket Deevana (91 rooms), Best Western Patong (210 rooms) and Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort (55 rooms). (See full list below.

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/more-phuket-hotels-approved-as-quarantine-venues-78035.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-19

17 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

STV ASQ ALQ bubble 10 day or 14 day rinsing mastercard or visa that will do nicely 🤔

As no locals want to venture south due to the costs I guess they have to do something.

• Confused 1

Only to keep them afloat (government subsidised) otherwise there won't be any hotels when tourists finally do come back

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

What is the point of having ALQ hotels when tourists have to jump through many hoops to come?

I would have been inclined to agree with this view but I just returned from overseas and it was not so easy to get a quarantine room at a decent hotel.  My daughter is planning to return next month and the room availability is even more acute.  My conclusion is that there are more people than one would think that are keen to return to Thailand.  BTW, the hard and expensive part of returning is the quarantine hotel.  The permission to return is not much of a hassle.

• Confused 1
2 hours ago, rotorbreeze said:

Many hoops having a Retirement Visa good till Jan 2021 and re-entry. Now seeking Travel insurance costly $2300. for 180 days phoning explaining situation my country Bans travel and insurance in question. Now booking Covid Test within 72hrs before flight and if too early one must have another test one in HongKong. Booking hotel and await payment confirmation got my deposit yet no email confirmation. Booking flight now airlines change departure date...resubmit my COE online. Pay IVisa $20 for ivisa application (scam). Hoops are really deep wells each time jumping through ya fall deep into a hole!

Do you mean travel insurance or medical insurance?  If it’s medical insurance for Covid (through one of the Thai government approved insurers) something wrong with the price you have been quoted.  It should be much less for 180 days.