More Phuket hotels approved as quarantine venues

webfact

More Phuket hotels approved as quarantine venues

By The Phuket News

1605772232_1-org.jpg

The Novotel Avista Resort & Spa was inspected and approved by the Phuket Provincial Public Health Office to operate as an ALQ. The resort must now wait for approval from Bangkok. Photo: PPHO

PHUKET: The total number of hotels in Phuket approved to serve as Alternative Local Quarantine (ALQ) venues has risen to 18, with nearly 2,000 rooms now available to receive guests observing the mandatory 14-day quarantine.

The news follows the Novotel Avista Resort & Spa being approved by the Phuket Provincial Health Office (PPHO) earlier this week, meaning the resort must now wait for approval from health officials in Bangkok in order to operate as an ALQ.

In the past month, 11 more Phuket hotels and resorts have been approved by Bangkok to operate as ALQs, including the Ramada Phuket Deevana (91 rooms), Best Western Patong (210 rooms) and Outrigger Laguna Phuket Beach Resort (55 rooms). (See full list below.

Source: https://www.thephuketnews.com/more-phuket-hotels-approved-as-quarantine-venues-78035.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2020-11-19

19 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

What is the point of having ALQ hotels when tourists have to jump through many hoops to come?

I would have been inclined to agree with this view but I just returned from overseas and it was not so easy to get a quarantine room at a decent hotel.  My daughter is planning to return next month and the room availability is even more acute.  My conclusion is that there are more people than one would think that are keen to return to Thailand.  BTW, the hard and expensive part of returning is the quarantine hotel.  The permission to return is not much of a hassle.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, rotorbreeze said:

Many hoops having a Retirement Visa good till Jan 2021 and re-entry. Now seeking Travel insurance costly $2300. for 180 days phoning explaining situation my country Bans travel and insurance in question. Now booking Covid Test within 72hrs before flight and if too early one must have another test one in HongKong. Booking hotel and await payment confirmation got my deposit yet no email confirmation. Booking flight now airlines change departure date...resubmit my COE online. Pay IVisa $20 for ivisa application (scam). Hoops are really deep wells each time jumping through ya fall deep into a hole!

Do you mean travel insurance or medical insurance?  If it’s medical insurance for Covid (through one of the Thai government approved insurers) something wrong with the price you have been quoted.  It should be much less for 180 days.  

4 hours ago, rotorbreeze said:

Just retirement people with Visas and whom visited the country of birth for summer time now to return to sunshine and great foods, 2 weeks in luxury hotel nice, 3rd day poolside days nice...yes I am one of whom you questioned for hotel holiday...later a Horny day and after that a Holly day...Sawadee..

It is rare to find some birds like you my friend... You need to find birds who have enough money to loose and enough time to rich requirement, and then who love to stay close 14 days at expensive price. Very rare, but if you enjoy this kind of life you seems to already had before, then nothing change for you, sure. But you are not the majority of normal people to like this kind of life.

5 minutes ago, Marco100 said:

Those who do not want to pass a nice covid winter in the northen countries , ( Europe , Russia , North US , Canada , et ) , if they can get a COE ...

and who have money for that 14 days luxury jail and all the other requirement.

By the time, don't look only your own affair as if you are alone in the world, consider there is also majority of normal people who have family in Thailand or a retirement life in Thailand, or have business in Thailand and who are not rich, who are locked because of these restrictions for a fear about a flue.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mises said:

Interesting view on COVID from an expert in Canada. Note the remark about vitamin D which likely part explains the lack of COVID here in Thailand.

an other most probably idea for explain the "lack of COVID" in Thailand, is the lack of test at any moment for citizen. I can not imagine someone can not see that.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, chilli42 said:
6 hours ago, rotorbreeze said:

Many hoops having a Retirement Visa good till Jan 2021 and re-entry. Now seeking Travel insurance costly $2300. for 180 days phoning explaining situation my country Bans travel and insurance in question. Now booking Covid Test within 72hrs before flight and if too early one must have another test one in HongKong. Booking hotel and await payment confirmation got my deposit yet no email confirmation. Booking flight now airlines change departure date...resubmit my COE online. Pay IVisa $20 for ivisa application (scam). Hoops are really deep wells each time jumping through ya fall deep into a hole!

Expand  

Do you mean travel insurance or medical insurance?  If it’s medical insurance for Covid (through one of the Thai government approved insurers) something wrong with the price you have been quoted.  It should be much less for 180 days

It’s less for than that for whole year. What company did he inquire? 

9 hours ago, Billpro785 said:

What hoops ? Applied via the Thai embassy website in my country, took 10 minutes and less than 24 hours got my COE . 

Obviously, in your country you can get covid tested and the results immediately to enable you to get to your plane within 72 hours!  Not possible in the UK -- many have to wait 5 days or more to get their result.  And virtually impossible to obtain a 'fit to fly' bit of paper from our doctors! 

And I'm not sure that pre-booking a flight with guaranteed covid-positive cancellation is offered by many airlines!

There is no way in this earth that I will go through all this BS just to be in Thailand. Those that are doing this must be very desperate to leave their own countries. Moreover, they are missing the small holes that are cheap, but now not plentiful !!!

I do hope that the people who have property and loved ones get back to Thailand without too many 

hassles. I am glad that the 500 thousand baht, ridiculous request has been cancelled. The government

should hang their heads in shame for allowing this requirement to even get past the consideration

stage.  Having a valid insurance policy that covers the covid virus,  should be mandatory as well

as having your visa and passports, but it is time to stop the money grabbing schemes that some

people dream up.  Good luck to the travellers that want to risk a long flight to Thailand or any where,

as there are still idiots that know they are sick but want to travel anyway. I seen one in Canada that was stopped at the airport trying to leave for a foreign country. All she had was a fever, shortness of breath and complaining

that she could not taste her Tim Horton's coffee, but other wise felt okay.

Geezer

Lots of ALQs and ASQs still be certified kinda means the 14 day Q aint going anytime soon... so ALOT of certifed empty beds.   Tourism is dead for 2021 for sure, Anutin the Great has decreed tyranny on his people with the approval or Master of the People Poverty, the PM.