BREAKING NEWS - Increase In Elite Visa Fee

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Elite still go to 90-day report and extension don't they?

A 90 day report would only be needed if they stayed in the country for longer than 90 consecutive days.

No extension would be needed unless they wanted to stay in the country longer than year in the country. The visa allows a one year entry every time it is used for entry.

On 11/19/2020 at 7:32 PM, SCOTT FITZGERSLD said:

me too. i posted this as a jock.

the jock is that someone who do not care to throw away 500K baht for nothing,

COULD NOT care less about extra 100K.

Good to see a fellow Scotsman casting off the traditional traits of being tight with the spondoolies as we are sometimes blighted with. Your round?

5 minutes ago, Hamus Yaigh said:

Good to see a fellow Scotsman casting off the traditional traits of being tight with the spondoolies as we are sometimes blighted with. Your round?

The reality is of course, the 'traditional traits' are far from true, I find Scots generous to a fault. But they love to act along with it. 

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The reality is of course, the 'traditional traits' are far from true, I find Scots generous to a fault. But they love to act along with it. 

Anyone who can eat Haggis and then finish it off with a deep fried Mars bar while washing it down with a good single malt can't be all bad

On 11/19/2020 at 9:18 PM, DavisH said:

Well, that will encourage more punters to live in Thailand during a world-wide pandemic ???? This is Thai economics 101 - if demand is low, increase the prices!

Soldiers mentality again, you certainly don't need a university degree to join the army, yet they are trying to run the country.

Thailand, the laughing stock of the world, :cheesy:

22 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

"Better" is subjective. I lived all my life in AU and that's a very nice place as I'm sure many countries are. I can afford to live anywhere and 100% my choice is Thailand.

If I had known about the past unstableness of Thailand with all these coups, I would never have come to Thailand to stay. Is there actually people who still want to retire here in a country run by poorly educated tinpot soldiers?

22 hours ago, Pilotman said:

like I said.so do I, its not half bad at all.  Hypothetically, given if I was single, no family ties, it would be somewhere in the Caribbean, or  I would have stayed in Taiwan, where i was working.    

There's the Philipines, Cambodia, though we would have to accept that you will never find the perfect country.

20 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Depends how cashed up you are. For people who have the coin and don't mind paying, an Elite visa is a lot less hassle than navigating the Kafkaesque O visa regime. 

Don't you know about agents? and no, they are not illegal.

4 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Each to his own. But even if you use an agent, you still have to prepare all the documents, photos, maps, etc. Plus you have the worry of constant and irrational rule changes. 

A 5 or 20 year Elite visa gives freedom from all that - buy it and forget it - which is something a lot of people feel is worth paying for.

So you can guarantee there will never be any rule changes with the Elite Visa? This is Thailand.

"Plus you have the worry of constant and irrational rule changes."  If that really bothers you, surely you would be better of

forgetting about Thailand.

4 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Each to his own. But even if you use an agent, you still have to prepare all the documents, photos, maps, etc. Plus you have the worry of constant and irrational rule changes. 

A 5 or 20 year Elite visa gives freedom from all that - buy it and forget it - which is something a lot of people feel is worth paying for.

"you still have to prepare all the documents, photos, maps, etc."  What do you think you are paying the agent for? Much better than throwing away 600,000Bt.

where can i get reliable information about the Elite Visa in all of its available options?

I tried to look at the Immigration web site and i didn't find it

and if you google "Elite visa thailand" you get only agency links which i would like to avoid

any reliable source? 

thanks in advance

11 minutes ago, 72BKK said:

where can i get reliable information about the Elite Visa in all of its available options?

and if you google "Elite visa thailand" you get only agency links which i would like to avoid

any reliable source? 

thanks in advance

Type into Google search something like "elite visa thaivisa" 

Make sure you include "thaivisa"

All the threads from thaivisa forum will appear and you can work your way through them to gather the info your after.

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

All the threads from thaivisa forum will appear and you can work your way through them to gather the info your after.

good idea

thanks

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Even more efficient if you type this into Google:

site:thaivisa.com elite

All the searches will be from thaivisa.com, instead of other different sites.

18 hours ago, 72BKK said:

any reliable source? 

thanks in advance

https://www.thailandelite.com/?locate=en 

Jesus I checked the website.

You have so many options now.

It is funny how they promote the 500K before 2021 as a promotion on their website.

And they have that super deal on visa for a 10 millions luxury condo. So just a 5% reward for a big risk.

How creative they are to create so unattractive things.

Well I guess for those who really want a visa with no headache, the best one is the 20 years one for 1 million. If you can afford 600k probably it is better to put the extra 400k and get 15 extra years.

I also discovered you had to pay an annual fee with the 2 millions baht visa. Like it it wasn't enough.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:27 AM, Pilotman said:

there are many better alternatives around the World. 

Please explain where these better alternatives are. Hopefully with a warm/tropical climate, low taxes, and reasonably safe. Surely not Cambodia, Philippines, or Vietnam? Personally, I like Zimbabwe despite the extreme economic hardship for most locals.

Bearing in mind that the Elite Visa is being strongly pushed, and accepting that they are to increase the fee by 20% in January 2021.

It begs the question what is going to happen to the Retirement and Marriage finance requirements and the annual extension fee?

Going up 20% as well, who knows, but I've seen no comments either way. Any opinions?

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

It begs the question what is going to happen to the Retirement and Marriage finance requirements and the annual extension fee?

That is bit like comparing apples and oranges.

The Thai Elite visa fee is completely different than applying for a extension of stay and the requirements for them.

Agree apples and oranges are not the same things but they are both fruits.

Increased fees is additional money for the Government, and increases to monthly incomes and bank balances is additional money coming into the country (potentially), maybe not now but certainly in the future.

Archived