BREAKING NEWS - Increase In Elite Visa Fee

11 minutes ago, 72BKK said:

where can i get reliable information about the Elite Visa in all of its available options?

I tried to look at the Immigration web site and i didn't find it

and if you google "Elite visa thailand" you get only agency links which i would like to avoid

any reliable source? 

thanks in advance

Type into Google search something like "elite visa thaivisa" 

Make sure you include "thaivisa"

All the threads from thaivisa forum will appear and you can work your way through them to gather the info your after.

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sorry, but I just don't get the Elite visa.  Money down the drain in my view. 

Starting January 1, 2021, the Elite Visa Easy Access plan application fee will be increased from 500,000 to 600,000 baht for a 5-year visa with the following requirements:   For all applicatio

Well, that will encourage more punters to live in Thailand during a world-wide pandemic 😁 This is Thai economics 101 - if demand is low, increase the prices!

6 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

All the threads from thaivisa forum will appear and you can work your way through them to gather the info your after.

good idea

thanks

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Even more efficient if you type this into Google:

site:thaivisa.com elite

All the searches will be from thaivisa.com, instead of other different sites.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, 72BKK said:

where can i get reliable information about the Elite Visa in all of its available options?

I tried to look at the Immigration web site and i didn't find it

and if you google "Elite visa thailand" you get only agency links which i would like to avoid

any reliable source? 

thanks in advance

https://www.thailandelite.com/?locate=en 

• Like 1

Jesus I checked the website.

You have so many options now.

It is funny how they promote the 500K before 2021 as a promotion on their website.

And they have that super deal on visa for a 10 millions luxury condo. So just a 5% reward for a big risk.

How creative they are to create so unattractive things.

Well I guess for those who really want a visa with no headache, the best one is the 20 years one for 1 million. If you can afford 600k probably it is better to put the extra 400k and get 15 extra years.

I also discovered you had to pay an annual fee with the 2 millions baht visa. Like it it wasn't enough.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:27 AM, Pilotman said:

there are many better alternatives around the World. 

Please explain where these better alternatives are. Hopefully with a warm/tropical climate, low taxes, and reasonably safe. Surely not Cambodia, Philippines, or Vietnam? Personally, I like Zimbabwe despite the extreme economic hardship for most locals.

Bearing in mind that the Elite Visa is being strongly pushed, and accepting that they are to increase the fee by 20% in January 2021.

It begs the question what is going to happen to the Retirement and Marriage finance requirements and the annual extension fee?

Going up 20% as well, who knows, but I've seen no comments either way. Any opinions?

2 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

It begs the question what is going to happen to the Retirement and Marriage finance requirements and the annual extension fee?

That is bit like comparing apples and oranges.

The Thai Elite visa fee is completely different than applying for a extension of stay and the requirements for them.

Agree apples and oranges are not the same things but they are both fruits.

Increased fees is additional money for the Government, and increases to monthly incomes and bank balances is additional money coming into the country (potentially), maybe not now but certainly in the future.

• Sad 1