Metalex 2020 at BITEC

Yellowtail

Visited the Metalex show again this year and it was better than expected. I go every year, and while there was a lot les this year  it was certainly worth going. 

Got there around 10:30. Traffic was light and parking was quick, easy and pretty close to the entrance. Most all the domestic regulars were there, and while a lot of the international stuff was there, seemed to be much less equipment and virtually no non-Thai staff . Not much new, heavy on robots CNC, light on fabricating. Did get a look at a new dust collector I'm considering and ordered a nice little bargain die-cart for my father-in-law. Some good bargains to be had on small power tools, hand-tools, welding supplies, machinists tools & safety equipment. 

Was surprised to see Brother with a new like on muti-axis CNC lathes and mills, did not get pricing but they looked interesting.

Was disappointed there wasn't much rapid-prototyping/3D-printing, I want to get something for my boy this Christmas and was hoping to get something there.

The have really streamlined the pre-registration line, did not have to stand in line at all. 

Not the auto show, but a fair amount of eye candy...

Seems to be a lot more food downstairs than in years past. The have a great buffet at the Fahrenheit every year that the is catered by Conrad's. I usually go but as I was by myself this year I did not partake.

So easy drive with plenty of parking or an easy walk from the Bangna BTs station. Last year I took the BTS and they had a shuttle, don't know about this year, but it's not a bad walk, and most of it is air conditioned.  

It is of course free, and Saturday is the last day. 

• Like 1

I used to go regularly, on the BTS. Worth a few hours if you are a gear-head. Beer is expensive. You do have to register and get a badge. There are usually hand tools stalls, if you need something. 

Edited by VocalNeal