plastic bag ban

mr mr

BigC and Tesco do not give you a free bag anymore, but our local 7/11's after a long period of giving no free bags now automatically give you one if you have more than one item! Street food is no doubt the biggest problem. 

When the ban on all shops start it will be chaotic - or more likely totally ignored.

On 11/21/2020 at 10:25 AM, newnative said:

My partner have been snorkeling 7 times in 7 different locations on our trip to southern Thailand--in the Krabi island area and around the Surin Islands.  You hear all the horror stories about the oceans littered with plastic waste but we did not see a single plastic bag or bottle--or any other trash.  I was amazed at how clean the areas were where we snorkeled and the water was crystal clear.  

A bit similar from my side, I have been fishing around Koh Chang, Mak, Kood the last week with 4 rods and deep diving lures AND not a single plastic bag caught.

It is unusual for me to not catch a plastic bag once or X/MANY times per day of fishing = very good if garbage into the ocean is truly being reduced.

Plenty of other debris floating around, but all in the natural category, such as: wood, palm leaves, sea weed, coco nuts etc. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THEN said:

A bit similar from my side, I have been fishing around Koh Chang, Mak, Kood the last week with 4 rods and deep diving lures AND not a single plastic bag caught.

It is unusual for me to not catch a plastic bag once or X/MANY times per day of fishing = very good if garbage into the ocean is truly being reduced.

Plenty of other debris floating around, but all in the natural category, such as: wood, palm leaves, sea weed, coco nuts etc. 

Good to hear.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2020 at 10:20 PM, rickudon said:

BigC and Tesco do not give you a free bag anymore, but our local 7/11's after a long period of giving no free bags now automatically give you one if you have more than one item! Street food is no doubt the biggest problem. 

When the ban on all shops start it will be chaotic - or more likely totally ignored.

People eating are the problem.....:cheesy: