Prepaid 711 Card or any prepaid card to allow shopping at only 1 type of shops ?

questionsreplies

• 2 months later...

7-11 used to offer a prepaid card, and I think they still do.  I never had one myself, and can't recall what they call it.  Look for wall or window stickers near the counter. The logo was yellow stars & maybe a yellow moon on a dark blue background.

It is also possible that they have switched to a smartphone app.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Lodestone said:

7-11 still has a physical plastic top-up card; I have and use one myself for purchases under 100 baht (for over 100 7-11 will accept a credit card, which I also use). I've had my top-up card for a few years, but have never seen 7-11 really promote it.

Thailand 7-11 Top-up Card.png

do you remember what was the process to get it ? complicated as only Thai know how to do it ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scoupeo said:

do you remember what was the process to get it ? complicated as only Thai know how to do it ?

When I originally got mine it was as simple as going to a 7-11, asking for one, and paying 200 baht for it -- I never went through any registration process. The card worked fine for the first couple of years, and then after, that every time I tried to top it up, the cashier said there was an error and they weren't able to. One was able to find an online registration form that required a Thai ID card number, which as a foreigner I didn't have, the implication being the card was now only for Thais. After a couple more attempts I found a cashier who was able to point me to Thai Smart Card company, the manager of the card, located in the Silom Complex Tower in Bangkok. Because I had really come to depend on the convenience of the card, I went over there and a friendly tech support guy helped me through a paper form that allowed foreigners to register for the card, and then personally made sure I was fully set up in the system. This was over two years ago and everything's been fine since. As far as getting a new one today, I don't know except probably trying first by just going to a 7-11 and asking.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Lodestone said:

When I originally got mine it was as simple as going to a 7-11, asking for one, and paying 200 baht for it -- I never went through any registration process. The card worked fine for the first couple of years, and then after, that every time I tried to top it up, the cashier said there was an error and they weren't able to. One was able to find an online registration form that required a Thai ID card number, which as a foreigner I didn't have, the implication being the card was now only for Thais. After a couple more attempts I found a cashier who was able to point me to Thai Smart Card company, the manager of the card, located in the Silom Complex Tower in Bangkok. Because I had really come to depend on the convenience of the card, I went over there and a friendly tech support guy helped me through a paper form that allowed foreigners to register for the card, and then personally made sure I was fully set up in the system. This was over two years ago and everything's been fine since. As far as getting a new one today, I don't know except probably trying first by just going to a 7-11 and asking.

Thank you, it seems to be a complicated zhit now

https://www.7eleven.co.th/service/lifestyle/772-7card-อัพเกรดเป็น-all-member-คุ้ม-2-ต่อ

bfc33c4cd56546179c09010cfb9689c4.jpg

Edited by scoupeo
  • Like 1